News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New 2 line plus alarm setup

Started by checkobi, August 27, 2013, 01:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkobi

I've got 2 land lines in my home one of which has an alarm system on it.   I'd like to set this all up using Obi and need to know what HW and general configuration I should do.  I've got a cable modem and Wi-Fi near a wall jack for the home line.  My office line is on another floor.  I'd need a good way to connect the alarm as well. 

RFord

Your post is not clear as to what you expect the OBi (which OBi?) ATA to do for you.  You say you have two Land Line.  Is it that one is used for your Home and the other as a Business line?  Is your existing Home Line attached to your Alarm System?  I don't understand what is the intended purpose of the OBi ATA.

I take it that by "Land Line" you are talking about a PSTN Line from your local Telco (or Cable Provider)?  Again, the reader is left with all sorts of questions.  Please spend some time crafting a post with clear expectations, so the reader doesn't have to guess or assume or read your mind.

Quote from: checkobi on August 27, 2013, 01:25:59 PM
I've got 2 land lines in my home one of which has an alarm system on it.   I'd like to set this all up using Obi and need to know what HW and general configuration I should do.  I've got a cable modem and Wi-Fi near a wall jack for the home line.  My office line is on another floor.  I'd need a good way to connect the alarm as well.