News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

setting my outboundcallroute config to block outgoing calls while retaining e911

Started by DirtAddsHP, November 28, 2013, 04:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtAddsHP

Hello,

I had some numbers blocked a couple months ago thanks to the great help people gave on this forum. But today i had to change my settings for e911 service to force 911 calls out to SP2 through Callcentric.

Since i applied the changes for the e911 routing i cannot get my blocked calls list to work again.

Currently my new outboundcallroute is: {17771234567:sp2},{911:sp2},{933:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

And when i tried adding the 1800 numbers i want to block outbound calls to the outboundcallroute i get no dial tone on my Obi110. Here is the outboundcallroute i tried: {(18002662278|18009346489):},{(MComcast):},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Can someone assist me in modifying my outboundcallroute so i can get the 1800 numbers added to the first outboundcallroute while keeping the other changes for my e911 service? Or tell me what i did wrong in changing my config?

Thank you and happy thanksgiving everyone.

DirtAddsHP

giqcass

I'm not good with dial plans but the first thing I see is this.  {(<#:>|911):li}
If you don't want to send 911 out the line port anymore get rid of the reference to 911 there. Based on your question it appears you have dropped landline service.  Is that correct?  If so make sure it isn't set as the default service provider.  Is {(MComcast):} a reference to a user dial plan or a user macro? 
Long live our new ObiLords!

DirtAddsHP

Quote from: giqcass on December 03, 2013, 09:08:51 PM
I'm not good with dial plans but the first thing I see is this.  {(<#:>|911):li}
If you don't want to send 911 out the line port anymore get rid of the reference to 911 there. Based on your question it appears you have dropped landline service.  Is that correct?  If so make sure it isn't set as the default service provider.  Is {(MComcast):} a reference to a user dial plan or a user macro? 

Hello giqcass,

I believe my POTS line is going into the line port on my Obi, i will have to check when i get back home. Yes i dropped my paid landline service and am using Google Voice on SP1 and using Callcentric on SP2 for 911 calls only.

{(MComcast):} is a dialmap entry used to block calls out to Comcast, it was working before i worked with Callcentric to add the e911 routes to SP2 but as explained in my first post now i cannot find a good way to add it back into my outboundcallroute without getting no dial done whatsoever.

ianobi

What happens if you try:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{(18002662278|18009346489):},{17771234567:sp2},{911:sp2},{933:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Please give more detail for MComcast - change numbers if necessary for privacy.

What is this setting:
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine

Are all other digit maps at default settings?

I can't think of many configs that would leave you with no dial tone, so I need to build up a full picture to find your problem. It may take a while   ;)

DirtAddsHP

To answer qigcass question about what port my POTS line goes into my obi.. it goes into the phone port not the line port.

Hello ianobi,

I tried the change you made and it appears to work! Thank you, to answer your question i block calls out to comcast as someone in my house keeps abusing their service trying to make changes the account. We have taken that said person off the authorized account holder list but to block the number also helps.

I am comparing the change you made compared to my old attempted config.. looks like you put,{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}, after the forced 933 and 911 calls out the SP2 interface. and took out the |911):li} Is this correct? I would like to know what i did wrong here.

Oh and i meant digit map, not dial map.. wrong word.

ianobi

QuoteTo answer qigcass question about what port my POTS line goes into my obi.. it goes into the phone port not the line port.

This is worrying! If the PSTN line is still physically connected to your home phone wiring, then the POTS line should be connected to the OBi Line Port. If you know that the PSTN line is physically disconnected from your home phone wiring, then you may connect the existing house wiring to the OBi phone port to connect your house phones to the OBi.

My suggested OutboundCallRoute was based on your new one which works. I simply added {(18002662278|18009346489):}, to the front. I also left out {(MComcast):}  If {(MComcast):} is only one number, then you may as well add it to the first rule - {(18002662278|18009346489|12345678901):}

I removed |911):li to make sure that there was no possibility of 911 going to the Line Port.

In any OutboundCallRoute or InboundCallRoute the rules are processed from left to right. The first rule that matches is used. This is not true in DigitMaps, but that's another subject altogether.

It's difficult to give a complete answer to your problems without all the details of your whole configuration. For instance, I wonder if 933 has been added to your Phone Port DigitMap. It should look like this:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|933|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

The general rules are that DigitMaps "allow" which digits/number formats may be dialled, InboundCallRoutes and OutboundCallRoutes route complete numbers to the correct destinations. (That's a little simplified, but a good start).

I hope that you are now up and running as you want to be.

DirtAddsHP

Hello ianobi,

I may be using the wrong terminology, when i say POTS i mean the wiring inside the house. We do not have copper telephone lines coming from the telecom company into our house. Only internet based phone though an ISP or in my case using the OBi and Google Voice / Callcentric. Our internal RJ-11 type phone jacks are daisy chained in our house, that is what the phone port on the OBi is connected to. Not to a phone company outside of our house.

Ah i see, maybe that {(MComcast):} entry is messed things up, i have two numbers defined in my User defined digit maps. And no i do not have 933 as a digit map entry, though it appears 933 works with the config you sent me. Is there any reason i should add it as a User Defined Digit Map?

Under Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap: here is my config

{pli:(xx.)},{sp1:(<**1>xx.)},{sp2:(<**2>xx.)},{li:(<**8>xx.)},{pp:(<**9>xx.)}

thank you for all your help ianobi and giqcass.

ianobi

Looks like your phone wiring is OK.

I recommend starting with the following config, then we can fine tune if required:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|933|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{(18002662278|18009346489):},{17771234567:sp2},{911:sp2},{933:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

DirtAddsHP

Hello ianobi,

Question, How will modifying the DigitMap help me? Everything seems to be working fine now.

ianobi

I cannot see how your Phone Port DigitMap works at all. At best I would think that calls are very slow to go out if xx. is the only rule operating.

DirtAddsHP

Quote from: ianobi on December 12, 2013, 10:53:58 AM
I cannot see how your Phone Port DigitMap works at all. At best I would think that calls are very slow to go out if xx. is the only rule operating.

Hello ianobi,

Hmm well it seems to be working well now, I do not seem to have any call issues at the moment.

thank you again for your help with my settings.

Hope you have good Holidays coming up!