News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

thinking about buying for small business - can I do this?

Started by sethlo, September 02, 2013, 09:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sethlo

I am thinking about purchasing for my small business.  I need 3-4 incoming phone lines and a fax line.  I need to have a receptionist or auto-attendant be able to answer and transfer to extensions.  Also need the ability for up to four outgoing calls to be happening at once.

Does "roll-over" work, where if one line is busy, the call rolls over to another line?

Can I do this with the obiplus premium/basic? 

Can I do this with google voice, or do I need to use a voip provider?

What ip phones should I purchase?

I am pretty capable power user with computers/networking, but don't have a heck of alot of voip experience.  Will I be able to do this with a moderate amount of patience or is this going to be real tough?

Just looking for an idea if the above is do-able with this system.

Thank you,
Seth

Shale

OBiPlus, as I understand it, is aimed at your kind of business. I use my OBi for a home, so I don't know about receptionist features. I know that a VOIP provider can provide such services. You can generated voices and vary the messages and actions by time of day. It may all be generatable by OBiPlus. I don't know.

Note that the OBis allow use of analog phones, which is what I do. However it appear that the OBiPlus descriptions say that you can have IP phones too.

Note that one of the forums on this board is for OBiPlus. Note that people running businesses that are not themselves providing communications don't tend to spend time on the forum answering questions.