News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dead Phone Port on Obi110 Or Any Other issues

Started by khantpr, September 03, 2013, 06:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khantpr

I have noticed that starting last night, I am not getting any incoming calls and no dial-tine on phones.

I have checked to ensure that phone was plugged correctly into phone line and also rebooted my Obi110. When I call my GV number (configured on SP1) from my cell, the Internet light starts blinking and so does the Phone port light blinks but the phone itself does not ring. I have logged into Obitalk and when I call, the "Call Status" shows the number I can calling from as if it call is coming through and that it should ring the phone but the phone does not ring. I also do not have dialtone to make outbound calls.

HELP...

drgeoff

Clearly one of the following three is faulty.

1.  The OBi
2.  The cable to the phone
3.  The phone

Items 2 and 3 can be tested either by substitution or by plugging them directly into a telco line.  If they prove out OK then only the OBi remains.

Even if you don't have dial tone, try dialling a number and then look at the OBi's call history.  That will tell if there if there is a working connection from the OBi to the phone.

TrapDoor

I recently had a '110 with a similar issue. One check to make - log in directly to the device and go to the "Status" & "Phone & Line Status" tabs. Check the VBAT value. With the phone on-hook, it should be somewhere around 40 VDC and around 10 when off-hook. It should not be zero as was mine. The inverter internal to the '110 had failed in mine, whether to an external transient or other event I don't know. If yours has failed, it is time to check your warranty status (one year) and open a ticket with Obihai. Mine is being replaced - Obihai responded quickly!

khantpr

Quote from: drgeoff on September 04, 2013, 07:19:57 AM
Clearly one of the following three is faulty.

1.  The OBi
2.  The cable to the phone
3.  The phone

Items 2 and 3 can be tested either by substitution or by plugging them directly into a telco line.  If they prove out OK then only the OBi remains.

Even if you don't have dial tone, try dialling a number and then look at the OBi's call history.  That will tell if there if there is a working connection from the OBi to the phone.

I have tested items 2 and 3 by replacing with new(confirmed working) items but still no dial tone. It is Obi110

khantpr

Quote from: TrapDoor on September 04, 2013, 10:16:51 AM
I recently had a '110 with a similar issue. One check to make - log in directly to the device and go to the "Status" & "Phone & Line Status" tabs. Check the VBAT value. With the phone on-hook, it should be somewhere around 40 VDC and around 10 when off-hook. It should not be zero as was mine. The inverter internal to the '110 had failed in mine, whether to an external transient or other event I don't know. If yours has failed, it is time to check your warranty status (one year) and open a ticket with Obihai. Mine is being replaced - Obihai responded quickly!

VBAT value is 0 V (12.1 V)