News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Aboard in Asia with GV on Obi202. Can I call Obi202 from cell & redirect back US

Started by surestoreus, September 06, 2013, 06:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surestoreus

I'm working aboard in Asia with GV setup on my Obi202 so that I can call back to the States for free with a cordless phone hooked up to it at my apartment. But I'm wondering if I could do the followings.

1. Can I connect a local landline to my Obi202 SP2, so that I could call my landline number from my cell and redirect calls back to US when I'm not home?

2. Vice versa....can I configure my Obi202 to forward all GV calls initiate from US to my cell here in Asia via the 2nd landline?

Thanks,

David

Shale

With an OBi202, you would probably want to get a local number from a SIP provider.  Then you could use the OBI to pass the calls through.

To do what you ask with a landline, you would either have to add an OBiLine to your OBi202, or you would have to trade your OBi202 for an OBI110.

surestoreus

Thanks for your prompt reply!  So based on your input, I just can't make my obi202 sp2 port to an incoming pstn then. Ok, I will look around for local SIP then.

David

Shale

Quote from: surestoreus on September 06, 2013, 11:40:46 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply!  So based on your input, I just can't make my obi202 sp2 port to an incoming pstn then. Ok, I will look around for local SIP then.

David

OBiLine could give your OBi202 a PSTN port, or you could get an OBi110 and then use your OBi202 elsewhere.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6382.0

LeoKing

Quote from: surestoreus on September 06, 2013, 11:40:46 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply!  So based on your input, I just can't make my obi202 sp2 port to an incoming pstn then. Ok, I will look around for local SIP then.

David

Or you can get a MagicJack/MagicJack Plus in the US and bring it along to Asia. It will work with your MJ account (number) wherever you have Internet connection. My younger brother made business trips to Asia sometimes and he brought his MJ along everytime.