News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Receiving call. Silence on both sides

Started by joecandle, September 06, 2013, 09:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecandle

I have obi200 set up with a google voice account.

I have no problem calling other people. Everything works perfectly.

However, when I receive phone calls, the phone always rings normally, but when I pick up, sometimes it works and sometimes it is complete silence on both sides of the phone. Nobody hears the other party.

I have cable modem router from Comcast. It is the SMCD3GNV

joecandle

Does anyone else have this problem?

Did anyone resolve it?

Is the integrated cable modem router the problem?

Thanks

Shale

Try putting your OBi into the DMZ of the router.

joecandle

Thank you for your advice.

I have already done that and also stopped the firewall on my integrated cable modem router but the problem remains.

It is an erratic problem, not all the time, but frequently enough.

Once it happens, I will no longer hear the other party of the phonecall until I reboot the Obi200 device, by unplugging the power and replugging it.

Shale

Quote from: joecandle on September 17, 2013, 08:33:43 AM
Once it happens, I will no longer hear the other party of the phonecall until I reboot the Obi200 device, by unplugging the power and replugging it.
I don't know how to interpret that sentence. If you reboot the OBi during a call, the call will drop. So maybe you mean that the next incoming call will always work correctly after you have done a power cycle.

joecandle

What I mean is any future calls will ring but silence on both ends until I reboot the Obi200.

Until now, no solution and problema still on.

I suspect it is the modem.

I have cable modem router from Comcast. It is the SMCD3GNV

I have already turned off firewall on the cable modem router to no avail.

Joe

jxzz

Happened to me couple of times in talkatone / GV in android, and  Obi+ IPkall-> callcentric (line 2) set up, calling from outside with cell phone,   It happened to me last couple of days on talkatone suggests that the problem is probably not just IPKall or Obi100 issues.

I suspect the problem is more of google voice rather than cable modem/router/Obi issues.  Any way, rebooted modem/router/obi100,
I just wonder whether google voice can maintain the reliability quality after May 15, 2014.  Porting GV phone number would be the last thing I want.