News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 - Calls seemingly fail to terminate to my cordless handsets

Started by Crazy_Goat, September 09, 2013, 09:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Goat

I installed an OBI200 over the weekend to bridge a Panasonic cordless phone system to an extension on my asterisk server. My asterisk server has been used with a multitude of SIP soft clients on iOS, Android, and Windows with zero issues - all call behavior has been normal.

Everything works exactly as expected on the Obi EXCEPT for the fact that the Obi200 does not seem to send the disconnect to my handset's base station over the POTS line. I may be ignorant on the issue, and it might actually be working as expected (I haven't used a POTS phone in years).

Behavior is as follows.

1. Call is established and the asterisk server reports no issues with any trunk information.
2. Remote caller terminates session/call.
3. Asterisk shows the session teardown - closes channel to remote trunk and to Obi200 - all channels are closed
4. Obi200 phone has dead air for about 5 seconds and then goes to standard dial tone.

Is this an issue, or am I just misunderstanding how a typical POTS line is suppose to function? I admit that leaving an old fashion corded phone off the hook would result in the same behavior - so it's not that surprising to see the same behavior here. I'm so used to SIP terminations that I don't really know what behavior to expect!  :)

ianobi

Crazy_Goat - welcome to the forum.

With all settings at default the sequence of events should be as follows:
1. Remote party hangs up.
2. OBi200 waits for 2000ms.
3. OBi200 removes all power from the phone port for 500ms. (The disconnect signal).
4. OBi200 puts normal power back on phone port - and supplies dial tone if your Panasonic is still off hook.

I'm guessing that the Panasonic may add delays of its own after step 3.

There are three settings that control this function in Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port. All have CPC in their titles (Calling Party Control). One is called CPCDelayTime, which provides the 2000ms delay, you could experiment with making that shorter.