News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 - intermittent issue when not using default value

Started by Thaiph, September 06, 2013, 12:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaiph

1) What I want is to use my OBI device as a bridge so that certain GV numbers can access to the AA then make calls to the landline numbers (via PSTN)

2) I have both Phone Port and AA settings that PSTN is the Primary Line

3) By using the default values of Voice Services->AA->DigitMap, OutboundCallRoute and Physical Devices->Phone Port->DigitMap, OutboundCallRoute I can't make the call the land line as I want.
I looked at the Call History and I can see that the number is trimmed and cut somehow, after AA prompt I press 2 then 0903811388, but in the history it shows that the system tried to route to "38138"

4) I thought that I have to change the value of DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute under AA and Phone Port so that no mapping and concerting happens when the call is routed

5) I have been changing those parameters, but after changing the second field, submitting and rebooting, the change of other field keeps returned back the original state and Default check box is ticked.

6) I have also tried to change 4 fields at a time, then submitting, rebooting, but no luck, I can never get all of my personal settings to overwrite the default values, thus when I make the call as mentioned at #3, the history sometimes shows that it routes to 090381388, so there is one number 1 is missing, Or the call is terminated without routing.

7) I have just upgraded the firmware to the latest version, but I still face the same issue

8) In summary, my OBI device does not allows me to overwrite some of the fault values especially the DigitMap and OutboudCallRoute and I don't know where else to look. I have searched the whole forum but could not find any similar issue before.

Hope that someone can help.

Many thanks,

Thaiph

ianobi

Thaiph - welcome to the forum.

Your settings are being overwritten by the OBiTALK portal. Read here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0

Until you are familiar with all of the pros and cons of provisioning etc,  I recommend you go with the preferred Obihai method:

Make changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

The default digitmaps etc are designed to suit North American number formats. You may find examples in this forum of configurations for your country. Post back here if you cannot find what you need and give us more details.

Thaiph

Dear Ianobi,

Many thanks for your advice, after turning off the auto-provisioning feature I have managed to overwrite the default values, so one step forward. But I could not figure out why my digitmap does not work the way I need.
I've pressed 2 then 0903999060#, but the system tried to route me to 09039060, of course this number does not exist
This is from call history-->21:58:51   Call Transferred   Transfer to LINE1(09039060), State=peer-ringing, Ref=27418

Below are my settings:
Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> DigitMap: (xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)
digitMap: (**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
OutboundCallRoute: {(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Basically I do not need any intelligent mappings at all, I only need the numbers to remain as I press when transferring.

Can you tell me where else I should look at?

Thai

ianobi

Thai,

Your digitmaps look ok to me. It's worth remembering that when you choose Option 2 from the AA you then use the AA DigitMap and the AA OutboundCallRoute. Anyhow, that does not seem to be the problem here.

The loss of digits seems to be quite random, so it might be a problem with how DTMF tones are being received. Where to the calls originate from? Are you dialling in via sp1 or sp2?

As a test, call the AA from the phone connected to the OBi by dialling **0 then Option 2 followed by the number then #. If this works ok, then look into DTMF problems, which are explained here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3281.msg21920#msg21920

Thaiph

Dear Ianobi,

I am dialing in via both sp1 and sp2, they have the same problem.
As you suggested, I've just done a quick test on the phone connected to the OBI and it works perfectly well.
I will dig into the DTMF to see how far I can go from here.
Many thanks for your help, you are truely the guru!

Thaiph

Thaiph

Gone through multiple permutations for DTMF settings, I decided to give up as I could not make it to work. The workaround I am using now is to set up the speed dials and this seems to be OK for the time being.
I will be very grateful for all recommendations and advices on how to solve this DTMF issue.
Nice weekend everyone!

Thaiph

Just want to update so that if anyone faces the same issue they know what to do.
I have finally found the root cause of this DTMF problem: I've been using GV Phone software on my iPhone to make calls and this app generates the DTMF issue, I've just tried another application called Talkatone and the issue no longer exists.
Anyway, this case is now closed, thanks all.