News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup Help SIP in GV Out

Started by CharlieNY, September 13, 2013, 10:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieNY

I have 2 GV and 1 SIP incoming
SP1 = GV - (646) xxx-xxxx
SP2 = GV - (845) xxx-xxxx
SP3 = SIP incoming

I would like incoming on SP3 to ring on OBI device and a cell phone (917) xxx-xxxx at the same time.

CharlieNY

The 917 cell is connected to the GV 845 number

ianobi

CharlieNY - welcome to the forum.

This will use you GV service on sp1 to "fork" the call to your cell phone at the same time as the OBi phone is ringing:

Voice Services > SP3 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph,ph2,sp1(917xxxxxxx)}

Make changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot.

CharlieNY

Thankyou ianobi!

Is it possible to pass the incoming callerid from sp3 to show up on the 917 cell.   Right now it shows the sp1 callerid.

azrobert

You will need to install a softphone on your cell and register it to an SIP service like the free SIP2SIP.

https://mdns.sipthor.net/register_sip_account.phtm

CSipSimple is a good softphone.

This method uses data.

On the OBi:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C
X_SpoofCallerID: Checked (enabled)

Voice Services -> SP3 Service
X_InboundCallRoute: {ph,sp3(Sip2Sip_userid@sip2sip.info)}

Edit:

If your SIP provider accepts multiple registrations, then just register the softphone on your cell with them.

All of the above assumes you have a smartphone with a data plan.

ianobi

You are asking for "CallerID Spoofing". Your OBi can do this, but I'm sure that Google Voice does not allow it.

Maybe your SIP provider allows you to set up call forking. This way the call could go to your OBi and your 917 cell number at the same time. This way your cell would get the original CallerID. If you do this, then restore your InboundCallRoute to default.