News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric 911 on SP2 Cuts Off

Started by crackie, September 16, 2013, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackie

I have configured Callcentric 911 on SP2 on my Obi110.  I am able to make calls to 911, but as soon as the call connects (i.e. less than 1 second) the call drops.  (Which then causes the 911 folks to call me back which I receive just fine.)

What could be causing this immediate call drop upon connect to 911?

crackie

Guess this one stumped the forum.  Thought I'd close the loop on the resolution in case anyone comes across this again.

The situation was a re-configuration of SP2 for CallCentric 911 on a 2 year old Obi110 that had previously had CallCentric 911 configured.  While I could never figure out the fault (outbound call routing and digit maps were correct), best I could figure some conflict arose when I checked the "this device is capable of 911" (paraphrasing) box on the SP2 config wizard in Obitalk WebGUI.  I guess when I had done the manual call routing configuration a couple years back that maybe I did that in the device portal and not in ObiTalk, and thus this 911 reconfiguration caused a config conflict resulting in the immediate call drop behavior.

At any rate, simple fix. 

1. I deleted my CallCentrc config on SP2
2. Then went into ObiExpert config in ObiTalk and reset all configs for "Voice Service --> SP2" and "Physical Interfaces --> Phone" back to "ObiTalk settings" (by pushing the little "revert all to ObiTalk settings" button at the bottom of the page and then pressing "submit")
3.  Exited ObiExpert and went back into the ObiTalk portal and configured CallCentric as usual for 911 service on SP2.

Everything worked fine after that.