News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Not receiving incoming calls

Started by Briguy, September 19, 2013, 07:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briguy

I am new to Obi and just purchased an Obi202 to go with Google Voice for my local calling. Porting my landline to a cell and then porting that over to Google went without major issues. I believe I made a mistake, though, in setting up my Obitalk account. I used my regular e-mail address (non g-mail) and set up my cordless phone as SP1. As I was moving forward, Obi prompted me to create a gmail address to connect with Google Voice. I then logged into Obitalk and did the Sign In through Google (Recommended) option. When I did that, it would not let me add the cordless phone as a device because it said it had already been connected (through logging on to Obitalk as my old e-mail address).

Could the fact that I can't set up my phone through the Google login in Obitalk be the reason I'm not receiving any incoming calls? Is there an easy way to go back and delete my first Obitalk setup so that I only have the login through Google and can then set-up my cordless phone on that login?

I apologize if any of my terminology is incorrect. I'm in a bit over my head.
-Brian

Briguy

I have also discovered that my Google Voice account is connected to my Lycos e-mail address. When I log into the Gmail account that Obi had me create, it has "Get a Voice number" along the left of my screen. I know I had to log in to this Gmail account to place an initial chat call. That's what let me make outgoing calls. However, my ported home phone number is definitely associated with my Lycos e-mail account. When I log into Google using that address, I see my phone number along the left. In the settings for that account, I have Forwards Calls to Google Chat checked.

Shale