News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forwarding line kills 2wire DSL connection

Started by ForwardLine, September 20, 2013, 08:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForwardLine

Hello,

I have two obi110s.  I set up both with Google Voice and made one forward my land line to the other using the Line> Inbound Call Route> {SP1(XXXXXXXXXX)} and alternatively a direct forward to the second obi110 using {pp(ob200037920)} in the same field.

It worked great at home #1.  Incoming line calls would ring the second obi.  When hooked to Google voice it would ring and I could pick it up or go to voicemail.

Now I took both obi110s to a second house with a 2wire router.  I plugged into the line and tried to forward it to the second obi.  The second obi phone rings and the connection is made, but when I pick up the forwarded phone call the red light "DSL" starts flashing on the modem/router.  I get no call and internet is temporarily lost.  If I allow it to go to Google Voice it will ring the forwarded phone for about four to five rings (googles 25 seconds) and then the red light on the modem starts blinking and I lose internet.

It just occurred to me that when I did this at home one, I wasn't directly plugging into my 2wire ethernet router, I had a downstream Dlink wifi/ethernet router in between.  Do I have to buy an intermediate router or is there a setting in the 2 wire box I can set to get the call to complete?

Any ideas?

ForwardLine

Well, I'm off to the big box store to get a router.  That may just be it I hope.  Seems that everything works well, the connection, the ringing etc. but the pickup kills the DSL.  Maybe it is the fact that the 2 wire router provided by ATT is junk.  I'll go buy a real one and try.

ForwardLine

;D ;D ;D ;D
I solved it!  I solved it!

Okay I'm such a dope.  It didn't need a new router.  I'll return it to Target. 

The Telco Line in must be POTS!  I figured it could handle the dsl + landline but it needs a filter.  Yesss!  I was seriously stressed because I have a limited time to set this up at the remote location.  I got a little too tricky running the yellow black in a phone cord into the middle green red to make a crossover cable.  I needed a filter and splitter.

Okay...I'm a dope.  Thank you Obihai for such a great product.  This forward is going to make my life so much easier.