News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calling Obi device, reaching GV voicemail

Started by ashish, September 20, 2013, 01:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashish

I have only my home phone setup for the GV account (Sip 1 on my Obi).

When I try to call the Obi device from my work or mobile phones, they are forwarded to GV Voicemail after a few rings. I want to access the Obi attendant, but am unable to. I've been searching for an answer on the support forum but am unable to get this sorted out.

The work and mobile phones are included in the Obi COT.

The GV account is new and setup only for Obi device access. I don't have any apps accessing this GV account.

Any ideas?

Shale

Add your GV number as a Trusted Caller in OBiTalk Dashboard.

Make sure that GV is set up to send the caller ID of the caller rather than the GV number as caller ID.  You can see what number is being sent to the OBi by looking at the Call History on the local OBi web server, if it is not conveniently shown on the phone connected to your OBi.

CoalMinerRetired

Assuming these phones are forwarding phones, when you call your GV number from forwarding phones, the default setting is to go directly to GV Voicemail.  This is about to change 10/1/13, see this: https://support.google.com/voice/answer/117523?p=presecurevoicemail&rd=1

There is a GV Settings that directly controls, look under Settings > Phones > Click a Forwarding Phone > Advanced Settings > Voicemail Access: Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?  It sounds like you have this set to yes.