News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110/FreePBX/Phone port cannot call other extensions

Started by StevenD, September 22, 2013, 10:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenD

I have FreePBX with a few Yealink SIPT46G phones.  I also have the OBi110 PHONE port set up as an extension on FreePBX, with my cordless phones plugged into it. 

• All the Yealinks can call the OBi PHONE port
  • The OBi PHONE port cannot directly dial an extension (example:  201 ). Gets a "fast busy" signal.
  • The OBi PHONE port can call an extension using  **1 201

Any ideas? I'm guessing there is something wrong in my DigitMap perhaps?  Maybe not. I'm rather new to all this, so I may just be overlooking something obvious, or trying to do something that just isn't possible  I would prefer not to have to get rid of my existing cordless phones if I don't have to.

This is my current DigitMap from Physical Interfaces --> Line Port:  ([3-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

Thanks!

ianobi

I'm guessing that that this is your Primary Line setting, which is default:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: PSTN

This means that when you dial 201 the OBi will attempt to dial 201 using the Line Port. The digitmap will not allow that and you don't want it to!

Change the digitmap like so:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(<**1>2xxS4|[3-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

This will send any three digit numbers starting with 2 out on sp1. The S4 provides a four second delay to allow ten digit dialling starting with 2 to work.

This will speed up the three-digit numbers starting with 2 when they arrive at sp1:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(2xxS2|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

If you can be more precise about what numbers you wish to dial from PSTN and what from sp1, then we could probably come up with simpler and faster digit maps.

StevenD

Thank you very much!  That worked!!

The only change I made was I pre-pended the ITSP Profile A Digimap with "911S0", so it now reads:
(911S0|2xxS2|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

I did this because the other string I had there had "911S0" in the beginning. Dont know if I need it or not.

My extensions are as follows:
200 - OBi110 Phone Port
201-206 - Yealink
329 - Fax
400 - Group voicemail

Everything else (x11 and 10 digit dialing) needs to go out my PSTN line first, if thats "busy", then go out GV.

ianobi

Let's deal with the 911 function first. I believe that you have a telco or equivalent on the Line Port which provides a 911 service. You have GV on sp1 (via FreePBX?) which does not provide a 911 service. The only option for a 911 call is to send it out from the Line Port. The OBi110 does this by default as follows:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

The highlighted rule in the Phone Port DigitMap accepts 911 as a valid number. The highlighted part of the rule in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute routes 911 direct to the Line Port with no further processing through digit maps. This makes 911 a special case avoiding any delays or possible conflicts. That's a long rambling way to say leave the 911 functions at default. This assumes that I understand your setup correctly.

With your info, I would now suggest a config as follows:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(<**1>[2-4][02-9]xS4|[3-8]11|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

This will send any three digit numbers starting with 2 to 4, but second digit cannot be a 1, out on sp1. The S4 provides a four second delay to allow ten digit dialling starting with 2 to 4 to work.

This will allow three-digit numbers starting with 2 to 8 when they arrive at sp1:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
([2-8]xxS2|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

I've deleted some rules that are not needed. The "xx." rule is a "catch-all" for number formats that don't fit the other rules, but if you have all formats covered, then you don't need it. It slows down number processing.

QuoteEverything else (x11 and 10 digit dialing) needs to go out my PSTN line first, if thats "busy", then go out GV.

By default the OBi does not "fail-over". If PSTN is busy, then you will get a fast busy signal or announcement saying no route is available. "Fail-over" can be made to work using Trunk Groups. This adds a level of complexity. I suggest that you do a search on this forum for "Trunk Groups" and post back if you want to go down that road. Maybe get the above config working as you want first. If PSTN is busy, then you can always dial **1 followed by the number to use GV.