News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 PSTN not working

Started by StevenD, September 14, 2013, 06:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenD

I have an OBi110, configured to use GV. That works perfectly.

When I plug a PSTN line (from Ooma) into the LINE port on the 110, it immediately causes the Ooma/PSTN to go off-hook and it doesnt release until it you unplug it.

Any ideas? Is it possible my Obi is defective?

Thanks!

Shale

It is possible your Obi is defective.

I would first make sure that you are plugging into the Line jack on the OBI110.

Then try a different phone cord.

Then contact OBi with the OBi Support Chat.

StevenD

Yeah, Ive done all that. A couple of times.  Thanks.

Shale

Quote from: StevenD on September 15, 2013, 09:21:30 AM
What did they say?

StevenD

Quote from: Shale on September 15, 2013, 09:53:11 AM
Quote from: StevenD on September 15, 2013, 09:21:30 AM
What did they say?

Sorry, I meant I have double-checked the connections, reset the device, etc.  Im waiting on a response from support.

StevenD

I'm rather annoyed!  I chatted with support this morning and they stayed that they couldnt help me unless the Obi was online.  They assured me that support chat was open until 5PM PDT.  So, now Im home, and of course, support chat is "offline"!

I think Im just going to buy another one to see if it gives me the same results.

Lavarock7

Wait! Doesn't the Ooma have the capability of TWO telephone lines? If so, you may need a 2 wire cable not a 4 wire cable from the Ooma to the Obi.

Updating: I've not opened a 110 but my 110 has 4 wires on both the line and phone port. My thought is that an offline is caused by a short across a pair.

I'm betting a cup of coffee this is a 4-wire/2-wire issue :-)
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

LeoKing

OBhai support told me when I asked about it last year that even though the phone port on the 110 appeared to have 4 wires, only the 2 inner wires were used.

StevenD

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  Obi support confirmed that the voltage on my LINE port was incorrect.  They advised me to RMA the 110 to Amazon and have them ship me a new one.  I received the new one, and it is working as expected!

Thank you all!

StevenD

Quote from: Lavarock7 on September 17, 2013, 01:08:21 PM
Wait! Doesn't the Ooma have the capability of TWO telephone lines? If so, you may need a 2 wire cable not a 4 wire cable from the Ooma to the Obi.

Updating: I've not opened a 110 but my 110 has 4 wires on both the line and phone port. My thought is that an offline is caused by a short across a pair.

I'm betting a cup of coffee this is a 4-wire/2-wire issue :-)

The only way the Ooma Telo gives you two lines is with a dial code.  You have to dial **1 to get the second line. You don't actually get two "live" lines.