News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 202 and Call with Us

Started by caballero, October 01, 2013, 06:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caballero

I opened my account and set up the OBi 202 device without undue difficulty.
I disabled SIP ALG in my D-Link router configuration and the echo test works fine.

However, the SIP service provider setup has not been successful. I chose Call With Us, with whom I have also set up an account. On the configuration page, I choose for this to work with phone 1 only, entered my area code, enter my CallWithUs username & password (which I have confirmed with them), and delete the Service Provider Proxy Server Port (5060).

I have tried this numerous times, and always get the same response -- Register Failed: No Response From Server.  CallWithUs seems to indicate there is no confirmation of this attempted registration on their end.

I've spend a number of hours on this and need to get is resolved. What should I do next?

Shale

If you have a separate modem, try plugging the OBi into the modem as a test. Reboot the modem. If that works, look to the router.

If not, check your credentials.

Everton

CallWithUs username & password is shown under Voip Accounts.  Make sure you are using the correct username and especially the correct password.  The SIP password is not the password used to sign into the Callwithus account.

Also, you need to set the SIP PORT "Set IP port if you set host IP address".  What do you mean by "delete the Service Provider Proxy Server Port (5060)"?

caballero

Thanks for the feedback. I did have another modem, but my ISP did not seem to recognize it (probably because not same modem info as they have registered for me) and I was unable test as recommended.

I have checked and re-checked and re-checked the VOIP account username and password for CallWithUs and am confident I have been entering those correctly.

Among the settings on the Voice Service Provider page is the line, "Service Provider Proxy Server Port."  When you open the page, it starts out as filled in with 5060.  As Everton mentions, as I understand the setup recommendations on the CallWithUs site, this should be left blank unless you provide the IP address for the OBi. Actually I have tried it several times both with and without this number, and it does not work either way.  I have not yet tried registering the OBi IP address with CallWithUs.

Any further suggestions?  Thanks much.