News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

adding unknown to block SIP scanners

Started by Hortoristic, October 13, 2013, 05:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

I forget how to add the "unknown" snippet to block the SIP scanners.

My currently and working great string is:{(x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxxxx):}

Should it be?:
{(unknown|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxxxx):}

This is what my OBI showing:
From 'unknown' SP2(unknown)

Shale

If your current method has a hole, you might consider one of the other methods: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0

Your method would be subject to being beat by a fake number such as 1111111.

Hortoristic

Maybe I should be asking the question from the other string - but man - It's real busy!

I see the notes about {>('Insert your AuthUserName here'):ph} - however; I'm using RonR advice about setting up a dummy SP so that I can use DID forwarding to a particular X_UserAgentPort (5061, 5062, 5063).

For example; my 2nd USA Callcentric number has DID forwarding below, that rings SP3 on my OBI:
19142960000@my.dyndns.info:5062

Per RonR notes at: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=895.0

I set up a "dummy" SP having no auth username or password.

So I have a variety of DID's all around the world that forward to a couple different SP's on my OBI and based on caller ID and DID called, I have it re-call other numbers.  My UK daughter has a UK DID in South Wales when called, dials my OBI here in Seattle, then re-dials out on GV to her Seattle Cell number for free - thus people in Britain can call her cell in Washington state for free (does use her minutes though)

But back to my challenge - I don't have a Auth username to implement in Oleg's example - I have a blank username and password per RonR instructions at above link.

Maybe I need to mess instead with the 3rd option of adding all the server IP's of the providers but your notes mentioned SIP providers, shouldn't this be DID provider instead?  Let's say I'm using DID forwarding from ABC1 and ABC2 - don't I need all the IP's the companies that provides the DID forwarding which feels like could be a moving target?

BTW; I found IANOBI string that I was originally looking for:
{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|un@@.|anon@@.):},{ph}

azrobert

If I understand you correctly this is a dummy SP used for re-routing inbound calls.

Do you ever need an inbound call on this SP to ring your phone port?

If the answer is NO, then just remove the {ph} from your inbound route. No need to check for scanner CallerIDs.

If the answer is YES, then check for the Callerids you want to ring the phone port like this:
{1111111111:sp1(1112223333)},.........,{(2222222222|3333333333):ph}

Hortoristic

Excellent idea for the re routing SP's - unfortunately leaves one, maybe two that I still need to ring.