News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Caller ID or VM Indication from PSTN

Started by willmw, October 16, 2013, 11:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willmw

Pretty much stock configuration on my OBI 110.  I have PSTN and GV configured.  Primary outgoing is PSTN.  GV seems to work perfectly & I get CID, VM waiting indication.  I get neither from PSTN line.  Calls come in, and the phone rings, but the only way to see who's calling from PSTN is another phone on the line (outside of the OBI connection).  Same is true with VM waiting indication.  What am I missing?

ianobi

First thing to check is the phone attached to the OBi. If you plug that directly into the PSTN line does it pick up CallerID?

The OBi at default is set up to detect North American CallerID, so most settings should be ok for you. You might try increasing the value of this setting:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > Ring Delay

The default seems to be 4000 (4 seconds). The OBi needs this time to detect CallerID, which comes after the first ring in North America.

VM waiting on a PSTN line is another matter altogether. Normally this is indicated by a "stutter tone" when you pick up the handset to make a call. This is not passed through the OBi to the Phone Port. To hear the actual dial tone / stutter tone on the PSTN line you can press # which connects the Phone Port directly to the Line Port.

willmw

Yes, the phone does get CID when directly connected to PSTN.  In fact, I've tinkered a bit since posting and found that usually the CID is there AFTER I answer the phone, but I can never see it before I answer.  I'll tinker with the delay a bit and see if that helps.

As for the VM waiting on the PSTN, I understand exactly what you're saying.  I guess the GV just passes that info differently as I do get a visual indication on the phone when I have VM on GV.