News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 - Star codes (**1-**8) not working

Started by DD-Dummy, October 27, 2013, 04:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DD-Dummy

I have 2 OBi110's and have not made any changes to them since initial setup.
The star codes did work last year when I was on a trip.

I have one of the units here with me, so I can play with it to hopefully solve the problem, the other (The one really in use) is located outside the U.S.

The AA works great, but when asked to dial the number to call, I get an immediate busy signal if I try to use a star code to access other then the primary line. I have tried it calling in on SP1 as the primary line and used "**8" to access PSTN, no good. I have also reversed it and called in on the PSTN as the primary line and used "**1" to access SP1, no good.

If I call in on the non-primary line it allows me to make a call on the primary line without a problem.

The only solution at this point is I have to remotely change the primary line to the PSTN to call out on, then switch it back when I finish the call. If I forget, I will end up calling internationally and be billed for long distance calls.

As my username implies, I am not technically inclined, so please answer in great easy to follow help.

Thanks in advance for any help,

DD-Dummy

ianobi

DD-Dummy - welcome to the forum.

Try the AA locally. Dial **0 from the phone connected to the OBi. You will get the same options as an incoming trusted caller. No ** code should dial out on the Primary Line, using ** codes will select the relevant service.

If it works locally, then somehow the OBi is not receiving the ** codes correctly from incoming calls.

If it does not work locally, then there may be something wrong with the AA DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute. Maybe these have been corrupted they should be:

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

DD-Dummy

Thanks ianobi for your response.

Using **0 works from the local phone as you suggested.

Still not working from incoming calls.

For instance, trying to use **1, sometimes I get an immediate busy signal as I am pressing the *'s, some times I get as far as dialing the number, but then it says that "*1 xxx-xxx-xxxx" is not a valid number.

In other words, it takes the 2nd star and the # code as part of the phone number.

The DigitMaps appear to be correct from what you posted.

Again, this is two different Obi110's that no changes had been made to them since they were working last year. (Did do upgrade to the one here last week, thinking maybe it needed to be upgraded to work again, but the other one has not been touched in years).

Thanks,

DD-Dummy

ianobi

QuoteUsing **0 works from the local phone as you suggested.

This proves that the AA is set up correctly and its digit maps etc are functioning correctly.

QuoteIf I call in on the non-primary line it allows me to make a call on the primary line without a problem.

This seems to prove that your OBi is receiving the DTMF digits (beeps from phone) correctly.

It's odd that both of your OBi110s have the same problem. Can you use different phones to make the test calls? If you can dial digits separately, rather than as a string, does it help if you press each button for a longer time?

Running out of ideas here. You may wish to try OBi Support Chat when they are on line.

azrobert

I have no idea why, but it looks like the OBI is not recognizing a star. You can solve this problem by not use stars to route the call to PSTN. Below I altered the config to use a prefix 8 to route to PSTN. I hate using stars and this is how I setup my OBi. I used a 9 prefix for PSTN which is what many companies use for an outside line.

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

DD-Dummy

Thanks azrobert.

I made those changes and set it up to use "9" for the PSTN line and it works that way.

Guess we will never know the reason it does not work with "*".
I used the same phone lines and phones locally on the one here in the U.S., thus there did not seem to be a problem with the phones as far as the keys on the phone not working.

With GV as the primary line I should still be able to call in to the OBi110 on the PSTN line and it should default to allowing me to forward the call using the GV number without having to enter any codes.

Maybe someday the reason for both units not working on star codes will be discovered.

Thanks again.