News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBITALK Network Call

Started by JaiJai, October 29, 2013, 08:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaiJai

Hi,

I have one OBI100 (let's call it OBI-1) configured with a VOIP Subscriber. I registered this adapter in OBITALK portal and successfully configured it. It works well when I make local call or North American call.

Now I got another OBI100 (let's call it OBI-2) and brought it to another country. I did not register this adapter with OBITALK portal and did not use a VOIP subscriber either. I connected this adapter directly to a network router.

We did some quick call tests between OBI-1 and OBI-2 by dialing **9 followed by the OBI number. It worked well in the beginning. But now either one can make a call to the other (can hear rings), but OBI-1 can hear OBI-2, and not vice versa.

My question is: must OBI-2 register with OBITALK portal in order to make OBITALK network call? or do I need to make any configuration for OBI-2 in order to make OBITALK network call?

Thanks a lot!

Jai Jai

Shale

Each OBi will register if it has access and you have not turned that off.

If you are failing, it is probably your router that is blocking you, but it could be your Internet provider.

I suggest having each do an echo test. That way you can tell which unit is not connecting.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=537.0

JaiJai

I'll give it a try.

Thank you for your help.

Jai Jai