News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Touch tones during call on OBI200 does not work

Started by rrr1, October 31, 2013, 04:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrr1

I just discovered that if I make a call (using my phone connected to my OBI200) to a business that has "press 1 for sales, 2 for accounting, etc", when I press one of these I hear the tones coming from my phone, but the business that I'm calling does not register the tone...just like they never heard them.

Anyone else had this problem?

thanks

N7AS

On your OBi200 go to:
Service Providers > ITSP Profile A (if using SP1) > General >
DTMFMethod: Set this to InBand
Click Submit
Reboot

This should fix your problem.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

rrr1

Thanks!  That worked.....

I've found 2 problems so far with my OBI200 (had the OBI 1 week):

1) this touch tone issue

2) to get the phone that is connected to the OBI to ring on an incoming call, I had to change the ringer freq setting (from 20 to 40) in the OBI config page.

Are there other common issues that I should be aware of? I hate to keep stumbling into them....

thanks again

Shale

I would not call it a problem, but you can adjust the audio levels.

SIP scanner used to be a big problem, but the for providers that OBiTalk sets up by name (not "other"), the problem seems to be licked.

rrr1

Is it common to need to adjust ringer freq (and other ringer related items) when changing phones connected to the OBI?
thanks again for the help

Shale

Quote from: rrr1 on October 31, 2013, 06:59:22 PM
Is it common to need to adjust ringer freq (and other ringer related items) when changing phones connected to the OBI?
thanks again for the help

Not common. I remember reading this:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4448.0

sdb-

Quote from: rrr1 on October 31, 2013, 06:59:22 PM

I've had my OBi 110 for about two weeks.  I'm using it with google voice in/out, anveo in, and my old home phone line in/out.

I set it up first with an old southwestern bell trimline phone (mechanical ringer and all).  Worked fine with default ringer settings.

Once it seemed to be working I added my panasonic dect 6 cordless base.  Also worked fine with default ringer settings.

HP printer/scanner/fax machine also seems fine with the default ringer settings.

I plan to soon port my home phone to some SIP provider (probably Anveo, maybe voip.ms or callcentric) and drop the home phone line.  Then I may pick up an OBi 202.

Rick

Quote from: rrr1 on October 31, 2013, 05:21:45 PM
Are there other common issues that I should be aware of? I hate to keep stumbling into them....

thanks again

Read the forums.  You'll learn about things that others have discovered and how they fixed them, so IF you have the problem you'll be able to go "Aha, I remember reading about that".