News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuration advice for a newbie?

Started by TechnoFuddy, November 03, 2013, 11:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechnoFuddy

Dear Braintrust,
Apologies for wimping out and asking for help, but I've been reading the guides and scouring the Forum, and my eyes are crossing...

Here's what I want to do:
I have a remote office, and want to install a OBi110 on a dedicated line. I have highspeed internet, and the OBi110 is registered on callcentric.com. I also have two android smartphones running Zoiper and also registered on callcentric.com.

When any call from the POTS network comes in on the OBi110 FXO line, I want it to immediately connect the call to a specific one of the Zoiper phones, and if that fails, the callcentric voicemail will take the call.

If one of the Zoiper phones calls the OBi110 via it's callcentric VOIP number, I want the OBi110 to immediately route the call to the PSTN via the FXO port, giving me dialtone, so I can dial out on the local PSTN network. All other VOIP calls to the OBi110 should be blocked.

Thank you very much for any and all advice.

Chuck in Halifax

ianobi

TechnoFuddy - welcome to the forum.

QuoteWhen any call from the POTS network comes in on the OBi110 FXO line, I want it to immediately connect the call to a specific one of the Zoiper phones, and if that fails, the callcentric voicemail will take the call.

Let's assume that 17771111111 is the OBi110's Callcentric number set up on sp1. 17772222222 is the Zoiper's Callcentric number.

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute:
{sp1(17772222222)}

All incoming calls arriving at the PSTN Line Port will use 17771111111 on sp1 to call 17772222222. Calls do not ring the phone connected to the OBi110. The OBi will take about four seconds to process CallerID etc before forwarding the calls. If you want the phone connected to the OBi to also ring then use:
{ph,sp1(17772222222)}

QuoteIf one of the Zoiper phones calls the OBi110 via it's callcentric VOIP number, I want the OBi110 to immediately route the call to the PSTN via the FXO port, giving me dialtone, so I can dial out on the local PSTN network. All other VOIP calls to the OBi110 should be blocked.

Your OBi is not really designed for this. The conventional way is to use the Auto Attendant and select Option 2 to make a new call. This would do it:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{(17772222222|17773333333):aa}

Any calls to 17771111111 from 17772222222 or 17773333333 will be connected to the Auto Attendant. Any other incoming calls will be rejected. Make sure that this is set as follows (it is the default):
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: PSTN

You might experiment with this to get you PSTN dial tone:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{(17772222222|17773333333):li}

It's unconventional, but if it works for you, then it should be reliable. It depends on what info Callcentric puts forward with its calls.

Make changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

TechnoFuddy

Thank you, ianobi. That worked!  ;D

I really appreciate your efforts - I'm pretty technical, but I spent the weekend trying to get it to work, to no avail.

Warm regards from chilly Nova Scotia!

TechnoFuddy