News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't make obi to obi calls anymore using **9 (got busy tone)

Started by tsaisfamily, November 13, 2013, 11:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsaisfamily

I have a OBi110 at home and it has been working fine until recently. I am not sure what got changed but I can't seem to make any **9 calls anymore, all I got is the fast busy tone, including trying the echo number **9 222 222 222. But everything else seems ok. Other people with obitalk can call me via **9 ok. And I can take incoming and make outgoing calls via GV (**1) ok too. The obi web portal shows my device is ok (green). I did upgrade my firmware to 1.3.0 (Build: 2824) recently although not sure if this is related to the problem I am having.
I have tried hard reset to factory default but still no luck. I have also tried to add my device to DMZ of my router and no help either. Any clue is appreciated!

drgeoff

1.  Under Voice services, OBiTALK service, ensure the Enable box is ticked.

2.  Under Physical Interfaces, Phone Port,  what **9 entries are in the Digit Map and OutboundCallRoute?

tsaisfamily

Thank you for the help.
1. Yes, the enable box is checked under Voice Service, OBiTALK service.

2. Here is the digit map
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

and OutboundCallRoute
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

drgeoff

I don't see anything untoward with those.

I should also have asked about the OBiTALK Digit Map.  I expect you will find it is the default (<ob>xxxxxxxxx|obxxxxxxxxx) in which case I'm at a loss as to why it isn't working.

This isn't the sort of problem for which I would expect your router to be responsible.

tsaisfamily

Right, every setting should be factory default since I hard reset it. I guess that I will have to ask official support from OBI. Thanks for your help!

drgeoff

Have a look at the Call History.  This is what mine showed for a successful call to the echo test number.

Terminal ID     PHONE1           OBiTALK1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   **9ob222222222   ob222222222
Direction           Outbound           Outbound
19:45:52           New Call    
19:45:54                               Call Connected
19:46:25                               End Call

Are your two Peer Numbers the same as above and is the second Terminal ID 'OBiTALK1'?

azrobert

I have the exact same problem.
This has happened to me before and deleting the OBi from the dashboard, factory reset and re-adding the device to the dashboard fixed the problem.
This time it's not working.
Up to now OBiHai support has been zero help.
Are you having any better luck?

tsaisfamily

Terminal ID   PHONE1   OBiTALK1
Peer Name      
Direction   Outbound   Outbound
23:03:24   New Call   

This is my call history and I don't see "Call Connected" because I got fast busy tone.

tsaisfamily

No luck at all so far, I have tried all kind of things possible to try to fix it. I deleted my device from the web portal, hard reset the unit, and try to make **9 222222222, just got busy tone. I plan to downgrade my firmware from 2824 to something else older like 2774 but they don't allow you to do it any more.

The support guy is not helping either so far. I asked them is there a way to at least force upgrade the firmware again even it's the same version but no response.

drgeoff

I don't know the details of OBiTalk connections but I don't see how it can work without an OBi server (or servers) being involved at least at the initial stage of placing a call.  I'm beginning to think there is nothing amiss with your OBi unit and the problem is with the OBi server.  A corrupted entry for your unit in OBi's database?

giqcass

Quote from: tsaisfamily on November 15, 2013, 10:59:00 AM
I plan to downgrade my firmware from 2824 to something else older like 2774 but they don't allow you to do it any more.

Do you mean you can't manually downgrade anymore?
Long live our new ObiLords!

tsaisfamily

Quote from: giqcass on November 17, 2013, 11:26:37 AM
Quote from: tsaisfamily on November 15, 2013, 10:59:00 AM
I plan to downgrade my firmware from 2824 to something else older like 2774 but they don't allow you to do it any more.

Do you mean you can't manually downgrade anymore?
Right, this is what I got if trying to downgrade the firmware.

Firmware downgrading is prohibited

tsaisfamily

One interesting observation. If I dial **9 xxx xxx xxx directly, I got fast busy right away. But if I use speed dial (9 # which is configured as **9 222 222 222), I would get one ring back tone, followed by a few seconds of silence, then fast busy tone again. But the call history did show that the call got connected....
Call 1         11/17/2013    17:42:25
Terminal ID   PHONE1   LINE1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   9   9
17:42:25   New Call   
17:42:28      Call Connected
17:42:39      End Call

Call 2    11/17/2013    17:40:44   

Terminal ID   PHONE1   OBiTALK1
Peer Name      
17:40:44   New Call

azrobert

I don't think you defined Speed Dial #9 properly.
Your call history should show "ob222222222" going out OBiTalk1, but yours is showing "9" going out Line1. When a Speed Dial is not defined the OBi will pass through the number you dialed and that is what looks like is happening with your Call 1. I'm guessing your Phone Port primary line is PSTN Line.

tsaisfamily

Oops, you are right. It turns out that the speed dial on this unit has been wiped out when I messed with the configuration. No wonder I got different behavior now.

azrobert

Without making any changes I tried an echo test and it worked.

I have heard nothing from OBi support, so I don't know if they did something or it magically fixed itself.

tsaisfamily

dircom

Mine started working also.  For several days the echo test and obi to obi would not work,
but all other calls would work
Interestingly during the time I could not call obi to obi, my sister could call me (obi to obi) from an Obi I set up in another location (and in my dashboard)