News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 calls other obi when caller just starts dialing

Started by Ruslan, November 18, 2013, 08:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruslan

Will it be possible to configure one of the OBi100 in a manner that when caller just activates* the phone, it starts calling right away to another preconfigured Obi?

One of the Obis we have will be used only to call one another specific Obi.

--
* "Activates" I used loosly, meaning he just presses Talk button on a phone connected to Obi and hears constant dial tone indicating that line is ready to place a call.

CoalMinerRetired

Yes, the digit map syntax is called a "hotline" and you'd want it to work without delay.  Here are a few examples from the Admin Guide:

<:1234> – Matches an empty phone number and replaces with 1234. This is the syntax for a hotline to 1234
<S0:1234> – Equivalent to the last example
<:#> – Hotline to the number #
<S0:#> – Equivalent to the last example
<S4:1234> – Call 1234 if no digits entered for 4s. This is the syntax of a warm line.

I played around with these in the past (sort of as an experiment), and they work as described. You put the above rule(s) in the digitmap of the phone port, on an Obi202 that is Physical Interfaces > Phone x Port > PHONE Port > Digit Map.   Don't have an Obi110 to tell you the exact field hierarchy.

If I recall this correctly, you want the example starting with prefix S0 -- S-Zero, which places the call as soon as the handset is picked up, you don't have to press any keys.   

QBZappy

@Ruslan

To be more specific to your need and to expand on CoalMinerRetired's comments, the following should call the far away OBi unit as a hotline using the OBiTALK service:

200222222 = OBi number of far away unit

Physical Interfaces > Phone x Port > PHONE Port > Digit Map = <:pp(ob200222222)>

You may need to replace this default settings to pass the OBi number:

PHONE Port->OutboundCallRoute->{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}, ...
Modified
PHONE Port->OutboundCallRoute->{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp}, ...
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.