News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to set QOS on Obi202

Started by ralphldcm, November 23, 2013, 12:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphldcm

My configuration is:  internet>modem>obi202>linksys router>wifi>computers and iphone with talkatone.

When I make calls through the obi, people at the other end sometimes get choppy bad reception.  This happens almost exclusively when I am uploading something from my computer while talking.  It seems that the obi is not doing a good job of QOS as it is letting computer packets in ahead of voice packets going to the remote telephone.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?  I don't understand the Expert Configuration QOS settings (I have read the AdminGuide).  I see that somebody recommended setting (using IVR) ***0 27#.  I couldn't find 27 in the AdminGuide.  Anybody know what 27 is? 

Any help appreciated

giqcass

For the Obi to do QOS it must be connected to the internet directly and everything else must ne connected to the Obi.
Long live our new ObiLords!

drgeoff

Is the system configured as follows?

1.  The OBi's LAN port should be connected to a LAN port on the Linksys router.  The router is used only as switch.

2.  The OBi is set to Router Mode (the default) not Bridge mode.

3.  QoS is enabled on the OBi. By default it is disabled.

Have you read and understood http://obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543072 ?