News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Recommended UK DigitMap for Obi110 + Some other questions

Started by JayL, December 05, 2013, 05:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayL

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone could recommend a Digitmap for an Obi110 suitable for making calls from the UK (also with the option for adding the area code, i.e. phone number to be dialled is 02898765432 however caller would like to just dial 98765432 and have the obi110 add the 028 onto the start of the number.
The problem is I suppose, the number dialled could actually be 98765432 or 987654321.
Anyway that is actually a secondary question.

The main reason for asking for a suitable digitmap for dialling from the UK is an effort to reduce the delay from last digit dialled to the obi110 actually dialling the call.
I'm using SP1 as my primary line.
I'm just using the default digitmap and I know it does invoke a delay, however the other digitmap's i've seen recommended on the forum look like they could be non-uk specific so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone noticed caller id from an obi110 coming up on a end terminal as the callers number but appearing twice?

Final question, sorry it's a little off-topic. If an obi110 is on a call (incoming or outgoing) on SP1 if simultaneous sessions are set to 1 will the obi110 reject a second incoming call as "busy"?

Trying to use 2 x obi110's as line 1 and line 2 on a analog pbx so currently I have to set incoming call routing at my sip provider to call obi110(Line1) for 10secs and then call obi110(Line2) for 10secs so if Line1 is busy the call isn't missed by not connecting to line2.

This does appear to be working, however it results in a call which is not answered in 10secs getting routed to obi110(Line2) and becoming 2 missed calls on the pbx instead of 1.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed any light on these for me.

Cheers,
Jonny

ianobi

Jonny - welcome to the forum, I'm also in the UK.

This config was designed for a UK guy using sipgate.co.uk on sp1:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5362.msg34774#msg34774

If you are using another voip provider, then you will want to delete or change the two rules starting with "1" for Sipgate service number and Sipgate internal numbers. This config also assumes that you wish 999/112 to go out to PSTN on the Line Port. Anyhow, it explains the changes and adds STD codes etc, so it's a place to start.

QuoteHas anyone noticed caller id from an obi110 coming up on a end terminal as the callers number but appearing twice?

Sometimes if no CName (CallerName) is provided, then CallerID will show up as CName and CallerID.

QuoteFinal question, sorry it's a little off-topic. If an obi110 is on a call (incoming or outgoing) on SP1 if simultaneous sessions are set to 1 will the obi110 reject a second incoming call as "busy"?

Yes, that should be the case. If you do this, then you will restrict the ability to use 3-way calling etc.

JayL

Hi ianobi,
Many thanks for your reply.
Stupidly I did a forum search for uk digitmap and didn't bring up anything, that thread is Perfect!
Exactly what I needed,
Thanks again, I'll play about with it on my home obi110 before unleashing the settings on my friends system.

Cheers,
Jonny