News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to prevent a ring when calls come in to Line1

Started by mendry, November 15, 2013, 04:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mendry

My POTS line is hooked to OBI110 Line1. The POTS line is set with the Telco to unconditionally forward all calls to my Anveo number which puts them through a call flow to weed out blacklisted numbers, not rung at night, etc. SP2 is connected to Anveo so once a call makes it throught the processing it comes to SP2 and rings the analog line connected to the OBI110. That all works.

The problem is Centurylink makes the POTS line ring on Line1 one time before a call is forwarded. So every call rings the analog phone once then forwards and comes back in SP2 if it makes it through the call processing. Centurylink can't stop the one ring.

Is there a OBI configuration setting that would allow me to never ring the analog line when a call appears from Line1?

You might ask why I don't just unplug the POTS line since that would stop it. My wife wants to be able to pickup the analog phone and place a call on the POTS number so I can't do that. Long term I will just port the POTS number to  Anveo and keep the POTS for my alarm, but that takes a while.

sdb-

I'm just guessing, but I suspect...

Look at the Physical Interfaces, Line port.  See the 'InboundCallRoute' entry with 'ph' ?  I believe that says to send calls coming in the Line port to the Phone port.

You could try deleting that value.

mendry

Someone emailed me to replace ph with {} and that worked.

Thank you to everyone who responded. This is a great support forum.

simpleAnswers

Quote from: mendry on November 15, 2013, 07:59:11 PM
Someone emailed me to replace ph with {} and that worked.

Thank you to everyone who responded. This is a great support forum.

Was going to ask this question and found this on the board on how to prevent POTS ring.
NICEEEEEEEEE!!!!!