News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can not add device

Started by Moiola, December 09, 2013, 12:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moiola

I was really happy with my OBI 110 for a few month, before it suddenly stopped working. I was talking over the phone when the call dropped off. Since then, I'm not able to make any calls.

My Panasonic phone displays the "Check tel line" message on the screen.

When trying to troubleshoot, I've decided to reset my device. I've removed it from the OBItalk portal, then used the paperclip to reset the OBI. The reset went fine (all OBI 110 buttons were blinking just as described in the instruction), but now I'm unable to add my device back to the portal, because of the "Check tel line" message on my phone. Whenever I dial the numbers combination the OBI portal tells me, nothing happens. There is no sound when I pick the phone.

Can anyone please advise on what to do next? Is my OBI dead?

sdb-

You can probably configure the OBi locally (discover its IP address in your internet router/modem, and use that via http://#.#.#.# in a web browser), but it sounds dead to me.

Do you have another phone you could try?

Other than that, I think it's time to contact Obihai support.

Yakker

Same exact thing is happening to me. I can see the device on both networks ( I have two networks in my house), and configure the device just fine, it will not appear to connect to the directly connected phone however. "No Line is the message I receive on my handset (vendor specific).