News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Blocking spam going to GV number

Started by Johnny, December 18, 2013, 06:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

If someone could provide a link where I could find an answer to this question I would really appreciate it.

Here's the problem.  I have a GV account with two numbers.

One number is fine.  The other number gets a lot of spam calls almost entirely from two different area codes in Texas.

The area codes are 817 and 682.

I googled for a way to block certain area codes, but it doesn't seem that this is possible.

It's not a huge problem as there are just a few spam calls everyday or so, it's just a little annoying and I would like to figure out some way to block these certain area codes.

I should probably post this on the GV help forums, but they're not always the most helpful there.  Some real grumpy sorts. :)

Anyways, thanks for your time.....

giqcass

Doing this directly from Google Voice is not possible.  Doing this on the Obi is discussed here.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6948.0
Long live our new ObiLords!

Johnny

Thank you very much for that link.

Should be just what I needed.....

giqcass

Edit: The solution in the link should already do the same thing as what I wrote below.

If the calls are bugging you on other phones linked to your Google Voice number create a call treatment that sends the call to Callcentric voicemail immediately and  set the caller ID for the call treatment to.
x817xxxxxxx
Create a second Call treatment for the other area code.
x682xxxxxxx

This will cause calls to be picked up immediately so you will only get 1 or 2 rings at most on your non Obi phones linked to Google Voice.

Long live our new ObiLords!