News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo - can't get Call Waiting to work - even without IVR

Started by ipse, January 03, 2014, 04:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipse

I can't get Call Waiting to work for the life of me.
I have an Obi 110 and if I switch the SP2 account to CC from Anveo, I get CW working - so it's not the Obi.

With Anveo, I (foolishly) set up a Call flow, hoping that if Obi is NOT registered, the call will be fwd to my cell and if that one is not available, the called would get to VM.
I tried to use one suggestion from dslreports, to setup a Nested IF and detect NO ANSWER/UNAVAILABLE - that didn't work, calls were fwd to the cell regardless, as long as the Obi was engaged in a call.

I simplified...removed the conditional transfer and set up VM IF OBI WAS NOT ANSWERING. Needless to say, all calls went to VM as long as Obi had 1 channel busy.

Fine, I simplified even more: removed IVR, sent all the calls to Obi - nice, now the 2nd call gets disconnected if 1 channel is engaged.

It is my understanding that Personal Ulim has 2 channels, I should NOT run into problems with 2 simultaneous calls...but I do.

This is my IVR (if it would work):
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

sdb-

Call waiting is working for me with Anveo 'personal unlimited'.

Try the most simple call flow:  Start -> SIP Legacy -N/A-> Voicemail

To get SIP Legacy you might have to create a new call flow using the 'Template - Default Call Flow'.  The magic is that SIP legacy has only the one output.

I suspect it is something to do with the 'On Call' output of the new SIP Phone block you are using.  Anveo knows you are on a call, but I don't know how to set up that output to get CW.  Leaving it disconnected seems logical to me, but evidently that isn't sufficient.

ipse

Looks more and more that the issue is with the Obi110.
I set Anveo to send the calls to SIP ATA (No call flow) and the second call gets dropped or never processed (GV VM).

The same happens when I have a call going on SP1 (GV) and call the SP2 number (call dropped without Anveo call flow) or vice-versa: if I have a call on SP2 (Anveo) the incoming on on SP1 goes straight to Google VM.

I triple checked the settings on the PHONE physical interface and other than the DigitMap and OutboundCallMap everything is default. The same settings worked before when I had POTS and Call Waiting was fine.

Almost like I have a corrupted configuration...and I'd rather not start from scratch.

ipse

See the post below this one....I revised my testing:
----------------------------
Mystery solved...I had a corrupted configuration on Obi.

Despite me seeing all PHONE line params set up as I needed, somehow they were not applied.
I did a factory default and restored the digitmaps and all the personal info (thankfully had that stored in a flat file....as I did not want to restore an xml config from a few days back).

This is really annoying and I hope it's not a sign of more trouble ahead (flash corruption?).

ipse

Replying to my own post to update potential/existing Anveo users:

NO, this is NOT my Obi110 acting up: I narrowed it down to:

- if I send the calls in Anveo setup directly to "SIP ATA", Call Waiting does NOT work - caller gets busy tone or gets disconnected
- If I have a Call Flow in use, Call Waiting works OK

There is another problem with Call Flows: when I use the object "SIP Phone", there is a 7-8 second silence for the caller (no ringback) so I had to use "Transfer" or "SIP Queue".
And that ringback tone...antiquated, dunno why they chose it.

VERY annoying....I didn't think that I'll start getting frustrated with Anveo after only 2 weeks.

ProfTech

You've got something else going on. I use the "SIP Phone" block because it includes a route for "Offline", and call waiting works fine. Simply leave the "On call" route disconnected. Be sure you choose "SIP ATA/IP Phone/Soft phone" for the device type on the General tab of the configuration for the block.

*edited* I see in your call flow that you have a "delay" block and a "Goodies" block. I suspect that one of them or the combination is causing an issue. I took out the "Goodies" block because it was useless to me and I didn't care about Fax. If you need the Fax capability there may be a better way to get it.

ipse

In a bizarre turn of events, the SIP Phone object started to work with CallWaiting after creating a Call Flow from scratch.

I agree the Goodies seems of little value if one does not expect fax calls - I think I'm confusing my callers as I put a message "one moment while your call is connected" which kills some of the robocalls but seems to upset the humans :)

BTW...the fax detection does work, I ran a few tests...there is a lot of value Anveo provides to a 2$/mth account, that's for sure.

/EDIT I think I start to see where the original problem was/is: if I don't include a 1-2sec delay, CW is hit and miss. I removed Goodies for now....

ProfTech

I agree Anveo gives good value as well. My outbound usage is between 500-1000 minutes and most of my usage is outbound. So my total bill runs between $7 and $13 per month. Usually in the $7-$10 range. I was with Callcentric for a couple of years and had no complaints. Their prepaid "bulk" plans are good and their customer service is better than Anveo. But Anveo should save me $3-$9 a month. I plan to drop my DID in a couple of years and switch to CallWithUs for outbound long distance calling only. Good luck.