News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 caller id blocking automatically on one voice service?

Started by helloobi2014, January 06, 2014, 11:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helloobi2014

I have 2 voice services set up on my Obi202 - one is on Anveo, the other is Freephoneline.ca. I would like to permanently block the outgoing caller id on the freephoneline number (line 2) but not the Anveo number (line 1). Is there a way to do this automatically on the Obi without dialling *67 for all calls from line 2? Either a setting in the Obi, or a change in the digit map to automatically dial *67 for each outhoing call on line 2, or a setting on the freephoneline.ca website? I know that *81 would block outgoing caller id, but it does so for all the lines, not just 1, so it won't accomplish what I am looking for.

lk96

there are probably few ways to do this.
One way that is probably simple enough would be to replace the:

{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2}  term in the OutgoingCallRoute term for the Phone line you have your handset attached
to:

{(<**2:*67>(Msp2)):sp2}

This assumes that you dial **2 to place your call on
the sp2 "service".

I haven't tested the above to seems fairly straightforward to me.

If you try to accomplish something else, please respond to the post with more details.

L.

giqcass

I have not tested this but you could try changing the profile for that sip provider on the Obi.  

Service Providers
>>>>>>>>>>>>ITSP Profile X
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X_UseAnonymousFROM

EDIT: This setting may be just for sip connections.  I still have not tested it.

Long live our new ObiLords!

helloobi2014

I think I have solved this issue.  I am posting here for anyone else who might search for a solution for the same problem in the future.

Under Voice services -->  SP x service --> calling features, I have unchecked the box for AnonymousCallBlockEnable.  I did not make any changes to the digit map.

Now, every call I make from that line shows up as "No Caller ID", unless I dial *68 before dialling (which temporarily unblocks Caller ID for that call).  This is exactly the behavior I was looking for. 

giqcass

Quote from: helloobi2014 on January 24, 2014, 02:13:01 PM
I think I have solved this issue.  I am posting here for anyone else who might search for a solution for the same problem in the future.

Under Voice services -->  SP x service --> calling features, I have unchecked the box for AnonymousCallBlockEnable.  I did not make any changes to the digit map.

Now, every call I make from that line shows up as "No Caller ID", unless I dial *68 before dialling (which temporarily unblocks Caller ID for that call).  This is exactly the behavior I was looking for.  

You are incorrect according to the Obi Admin guide.

AnonymousCallBlockEnable
Enable blocking of Anonymous Calls on this service. Anonymous calls are rejected with a SIP 486 (Busy) response and Call Forward On Busy service is not applied.
Note: It is possible for a user to set this parameter from the phone using a Star Code

QuoteAnonymousCallEnable
Enable masking of Caller-ID information for all outgoing calls. If enabled, the called party should perceive the call as coming from an anonymous caller.
Note: It is possible for a user to set this parameter from the phone using a Star Code

It's likely you set all outbound calls to Anonymous with a star code.  You should check that both services aren't set to Anonymous.

Seems I was incorrect in my previous post as well.
Voice Services
>>>>>>>>>>>SPX1 Service
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AnonymousCallEnable

helloobi2014

I have double checked. The anonymous calling appears to only impact SP2 (where I have it set), but not SP1.  So outgoing calls on SP1 do show caller ID, but outgoing calls on SP2 show "No caller ID", unless I dial *68 before the call (in which case the correct caller ID is displayed). This is the desired behavior (in my case).  I am not sure why the user manual says otherwise?

EDIT - you are correct that there was a mistake in my original post - I checked "AnonymousCallEnable" and NOT the "AnonymousCallBlockEnable" that I referred to in my earlier post.  Thanks for pointing that out.

giqcass

Glad you got it worked out.  The Obi devices have so many features they can be complicated.

MrGadget

I am using Vestalink VOIP services, and they do not use STANDARD Star Codes. They devised their own way of blocking outgoing CID using the code '02', instead of STARcode  *67. I have not found a code for the opposite, or UnBlock *82 using Vestalink (yet). I have been using a device from Radio Shack for about 15 years that automatically dials *67 when you pickup the handset on a POTS line, and it is very useful when calling certain businesses.  If needed, I override and enter *82 when calling friends and family.

I have asked Vestalink to investigate this so we can use STANDARDIZED StarCode features.

The methods posted earlier do not work with this provider. However, I was able to modify the Phone Port Outbound Call Route for my SP1 service (**1) using this setting (insert 02 after the **1:) ---

Physical Int > Phone Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:02>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Using this configuration, I MUST dial **1 to enact the prefix of '02' within my dialstream. I do achieve the results of not passing CID info (make Anonymous), but, it complicates the dialing if I want ALL outbound calls anonymous.

Would it be possible to setup all outbound calls as ANONYMOUS from the Phone port, unless I change the call to UNBLOCK ANONYMOUS (*82nnnnnnn), assuming Vestalink has an UNBLOCK feature code.  So, assuming these codes exist, I should be able to modify the DigitMap for the Phone port.

Alternate solutions might allow all calls as ANONYMOUS on the default outgoing port (SP1), and if unblocked calling is required, use an alternate dialing method, such as **1, or **2??

Does anyone have a solution or thoughts how this might be achieved?