News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to use Call Forwarding on OBi202?

Started by fizikz, January 11, 2014, 09:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizikz

Should be a simple matter, right? I tried dialing *72 + the number to forward calls to, from a handset on phone port 2. But this set call forwarding for ALL Voice services (SP1-4) and if I pick up a handset on either phone port 1 or 2, I hear the "call forwarded" tone.

How do I set call forwarding for calls only on one phone port/line without affecting the other?

ianobi

Call forwarding is done either globally (on all trunks), or for one trunk only. The default is global – as you found out.

To change to one trunk only, first check which Star Code Profile your Phone Port is using. In the Star Code Profile slot 7 you should see:

*72, Cfwd All, coll($Cfan), set($Cfa,1)

To set forwarding to say SP2 only, change the code in slot 7 to this:

*72, Cfwd SP2, coll(SP2($cfan)),set(SP2($cfa),1)

Now *72 only sets the forwarded number on sp2. *73 disables it.

The only other method is to go into the settings for each spX individually and manually set up:

CallForwardUnconditionalEnable: Check

CallForwardUnconditionalNumber: spX(12345678901)

Note that the number needs to be input in "Trunk Format", define which spX to use for the forwarded call followed by the number in parenthesis.

Using the first method (*72 etc), the forwarded call will always use your Primary Line. The second method you define which spX to use for the forwarded call.

You could allocate a different Star Code Profile to each Phone Port to give yourself some added flexibility.

fizikz

Thanks for the explanation. I edited the Star Code Profile as you suggested. Following with your example of forwarding SP2, I also changed the slot 8 to:

*73, Disable Cfwd All, set(SP2($Cfa), 0)

This way, dialing *73 on the other phone port does not globally disable call forwarding.

The default of applying forwarding globally is not what I would have expected. It would be nice to be able to apply call forwarding on the phone ports, independently, especially if multiple trunks are used on a phone port. Fortunately, using the Star Code Profiles, the functionality is now as I need it to be.

ianobi

Good idea on the *73.

By using spare Star Code slots and overwriting the ones you don't use, you could set up individual call forwarding. Also, Star Codes do not have to be two digits, so you might have:

*721 enable sp1
*731 disable sp1
*722 enable sp2
*732 disable sp2

etc ...