News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2nd GoogleVoice Line Refuses to Authenicate

Started by Arghtastic, January 10, 2014, 02:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arghtastic

I recently a 2nd googlevoice line. . .for use on my 202, and it refuses under all circumstance to work--I keep getting "Backing off" AKA Authentication Error.  I've gotten it to say "Registered" once, but it never worked.  I've tried everything.  This is making me crazy. 

My 1st Line works fine.  Any suggestions? 

I've checked all the ITSP and SP settings several times.  Nothing seems amiss and matches what people with similar issues have used to resolve their issues. 

I have:

HardwareVersion   1.2      
SoftwareVersion   3.0.1 (Build: 4269)

LeoKing

Make sure you've entered the correct password if you changed the GV password recently.

Arghtastic

Checked it three times. Same.  Double-checked my logging into GV directly.

Usetheforceobiwan

Couple things - you mention you checked your settings, with GV all you should have to set up is your gmail addy and PW..there are really no other settings you should be tinkering with.  Also two step authentication could be an issue if you have it enabled on your Google acct. 

When in doubt, just do a factory reset.  That cures mystery registration issues at least for me it has.  Good luck.

Arghtastic

Searches will reveal that many people have trouble with googlevoice. . . especially with multiple accounts.  Those people will often mention that they had to make certain settings to get googlevoice to work. 

I am unable to get it to work using any of their suggestions/fixes, nor with the default settings (factory.)   If anyone has a suggestion, I would very much appreciate it.

Arghtastic

I just realized that there is no "forward to googlechat" option for my secondary GoogleVoice account. . . any idea what the heck I need to do here? 

giqcass

Quote from: Arghtastic on January 12, 2014, 06:11:59 PM
I just realized that there is no "forward to googlechat" option for my secondary GoogleVoice account. . . any idea what the heck I need to do here?  
Try logging in to Gmail and downgrading to Google Chat from Hangouts.  

Visit Gmail
    Click on your chat avatar to expand a menu
    Click "Revert back to old chat"
Long live our new ObiLords!

gderf

A missing forward to Google Chat can be caused by not having logged into the associated GMail account and making a PC call. Have you done that yet?
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Arghtastic

So the problem was this was a straight google voice account---I didn't have any chat associated with it.  Registered for gmail and that fixed it.