News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls ring but cannot be answered

Started by DarrenR, January 16, 2014, 07:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrenR

Hi guys,

Currently have my OBi100 set up to use localphone for outgoing calls and a number routed through to a pbxes.org sip address for incoming calls.

Outbound calls work fine, however inbound calls ring, but cant be answered. I pick up the handset and press the answer key, which stops my phone ringing, but I just get silence. The person calling me meanwhile continues getting a ringing sound that eventually drops to voicemail.

This set up works fine on a sip app on my android phone. Any ideas?

The call history shows that it does connect - although it certainly doesn't seem to.

Thanks

Darren

N7AS

If you disable SIP ALG on your router, it should fix the problem.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

DarrenR

Thanks very much, couldn't find an option in my router to disable it, there was a long convoluted method of telnetting into it and disabling it but it would reset when the router restarted. Firmware update has added it as a menu option and it now remains consistent.
Thanks again.