News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 calls thru mobile (via Bluetooth)

Started by arifonline, January 25, 2014, 04:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arifonline

I am trying to setup my HTC (Android) mobile with OBi-200 device through Bluetooth Adapter. The device gets paired with mobile. I wish to call into the device through OBitalk and then bridge the call (call out) through mobile (via BT). Changed the "Primary Outgoing Line" under Auto Attendant as OBiBluetooth. But call doesn't go through. Tried manual option of initiating call with **81 (i.e. to force it to go through BT1), still it doesn't go through. Ends up with an error that number is not valid. Tried to change default outgoing line for the Phone interface as Bluetooth, no luck. In the call history it shows "Transfer to AN1 (Bridged, Ref=xxxxx)" Any expert advise what I am missing here.

Regards

giqcass

Based on the error it sounds like it could be a problem with a dial plan.  See what your cell phone tried to dial.

Otherwise there is a little quirk with my Obi202 and bluetooth.  Once you pair the device it may decide it's on BT2 instead of BT1.  I can't say for sure that is the reason for your problem nor can I say this quirk happens on the Obi200 version.  It might be worth a shot to check out the following.  Check your Cell phone to see if the call shows up in the call history.  Try dialing a call from a phone attached to the Obi using **82.  If that works you can change the primary outgoing line for AA to BT2 service.  If you really wanted to play it safe you could set up a trunk group and set that as the primary AA line.  The trunk group would consist of BT1,BT2.  Then it should work no matter which service the Obi decides your phone is connected to.  When you try to place a call watch the phones screen.  Usually an Android phone will actually show you what it is dialing when connected to the Obi.  That may give you a clue.
Long live our new ObiLords!

arifonline

Thanks a lot dear. Actually nothing was happening on mobile, no call history or any activity. BT1 & BT2 were also verified. However, trunk idea seems very good. I tried, now it tries to dial the number on mobile. Though it didnt work yet but as you said it could be dial plan thingy. If I dial **81 then my destination number, mobile adds an additional 1 in the beginning. If I dial **8 then number, then I get a fast busy tone as soon as I start dialing number.