News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

My Obi110 is going crazy

Started by DirtAddsHP, February 06, 2014, 07:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtAddsHP

Hello all,

My Obi110 has been working great for the last year, but as of two days ago. The Obi is randomly activating the phone line, randomly ringing (only one ring and then stops) with static on the line.

It has even called my cell phone for no apparent reason, I have not made any config changes in the last month so its quite strange this is starting out of no where.

Now it seems the line activation has stopped, and not making phantom calls or getting phantom calls. But there is still alot of static on the line, before two days ago we had great quality lines.

Is my Obi110 broken?

dircom

Have you had any power surges/sags/blinks or lightning?

DirtAddsHP

Quote from: dircom on February 06, 2014, 07:56:56 AM
Have you had any power surges/sags/blinks or lightning?

not that i know of, though the obi is powered by a UPS with AVR.

DirtAddsHP

and in the last 24 hours it has returned to normal functions... no hard resets or anything... weird

Mango

If you have a POTS line connected to its LINE Port, check Status >> PHONE & LINE Status next time the problem happens, and report the LINE Port LoopCurrent.  You may also wish to check it now, so that you have something to compare it to.

You should inspect the LoopCurrent with the Line Port State Off Hook.  (In other words, while you're on a call or listening to POTS dial tone.)

If you don't use a POTS line and you use a VoIP provider (excluding Google Voice), be sure you've implemented the Oleg Method for your InboundCallRoute.