News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

busy signal all the time for outbound calls

Started by mishal, February 09, 2014, 02:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mishal

Hi,
So I got my Obi110 and set it up to work with GV as SP1 and onsip as SP2. everthing worked and I can place calls to my SIP account, OBION on android, no problems. Second day, I tried to test the calls again and all I get is busy signal.. Obi numbers, SIP numbers, Speed dial .. all give busy signal! I noticed also that when I dialed speed dial when it was working, I needed to press # to call the speed dial instead of waiting, now when I press *3 for example, it immediately gives me the busy signal, no delay.
I tried to change the physical interface outgoing calls to all the ones in the list (ObiTalk, GV, SP2) nothing helped, any suggestions on even how to start diagnostics ?
I tried to search for a similar problem on the forum with no luck :/

giqcass

Tell us what the lights look like on the Obi device itself.  Green, blinking, red, ect..
Long live our new ObiLords!

azrobert

How do you update the config on your OBi?
Do you login directly to the OBi via the Web interface or do you use OBiTalk?

mishal

Hi,
The light is solid green. I continued trying and I managed to place an outbound call to my OBION softphone on adroid. I called back OBI11 from the softphone and it works.. I did reboot the unit and disconnect/reconnect to network prior to this...
The only remaining problem now is the speed dial, which continue to give me busy signal immediately after pressing *1. usually it should have some delay or require pressing # for immediate placement of dial. I have not made any changes to it since it was working yesterday..

mishal

Hi azrobert,
I used to do both yesterday as I was playing with the unit then I tried to add my ONSIP account as SP2 but it wouldn't stay registered. I found a post here that recommends disabling the autorevision, I did that and my SP2 (ONSIP.COM) managed to register and stay registered. so, I am now updating OBI110 from the unit itself. my successful setup yesterday was after doing all of this and things were fine. now I can not use the speed dials as it gives the busy signal for all of them. without speed dial, I can not call my onsip number from the handset since I programmed my *3 speeddial to dial sp2(XXXXX@getonsip.com) to go through my second SiP provider ( I guess you already know this ).

giqcass

Quote from: mishal on February 09, 2014, 03:20:01 PM
Hi azrobert,
I used to do both yesterday as I was playing with the unit then I tried to add my ONSIP account as SP2 but it wouldn't stay registered. I found a post here that recommends disabling the autorevision, I did that and my SP2 (ONSIP.COM) managed to register and stay registered. so, I am now updating OBI110 from the unit itself. my successful setup yesterday was after doing all of this and things were fine. now I can not use the speed dials as it gives the busy signal for all of them. without speed dial, I can not call my onsip number from the handset since I programmed my *3 speeddial to dial sp2(XXXXX@getonsip.com) to go through my second SiP provider ( I guess you already know this ).
Don't dial a * before your speed dial.  Instead dial 3# or dial 3 and wait for the timeout.

mishal

Thanks giqcass ! it worked !
just curious, why did *1# work before ?
I have to say that the community here is awesome and very helpful. Thanks for all the responders.

giqcass

Quote from: mishal on February 09, 2014, 03:46:23 PM
just curious, why did *1# work before ?
*1# should not have worked.  It's possible there was a DTMF error.

Welcome to the forum!