News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issues on setting up Obi110 - maybe related to several others, but not sure

Started by Elviso, April 22, 2011, 07:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elviso

Hi All,

I was setting up the 110 last night and ran into problems.  In many ways I feel that this one should be very simple, but maybe not.  I am trying to use the 110 with a Verizon Pots line, SP1 to my asterisk box (as a simple extension, but eventually remotely), and SP2 to Sipgate with Verizon being the primary.  The trouble is with my Asterisk.  The registration with asterisk works fine within my home network when I use the ip address (192.168...), however when I test it using the dyndns address, it registers for couple of minutes then fails.  On a Pap2T I have stun and external ipaddress set and works fine.  So far I tried stun and keep alive, but so far nothing has worked.  I've been reading through the forum and there are similar cases, but not exactly my issue.  I looked at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=290.0 which looked close, but checking my iptables I don't see an issue.  Any thoughts?

Elvio

MichiganTelephone

My personal experience has been that using a dyndns address when on the same local network as the server is iffy at best.  The dyndns address should work if you take the device to another network, but unless you make some configuration changes, the server may not recognize its own address.  I'm not really that great at networking so I'd have to look up the specifics, but at a minimum I would suggest that you check your /etc/hosts file to see if there's a line like this:

127.0.0.1       your.dyndns.address localhost.localdomain localhost

Note that might have to reboot, or at least restart Linux networking for any changes you make to this file to take effect.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Elviso

Thanks MichiganTelephone,

The settings that work on the Pap2 and Pap2T don't work on the Obi110.  Either way I tested the device outside of my home network using the dyndns address and it just works.  So I guess this was never an issue.

Thanks again.