News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Getting Auto Attendant Set Up

Started by indiesalesrep1, February 11, 2014, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indiesalesrep1

Hi everybody,

I've been able to create an AA message over the phone and I am able to see that it is confirmed by going to the Configuration Page (via the IP address).

I am still a newbie, however, and need to know how to get this uploaded so that every time someone calls in, it plays the message, with the option to hold to reach a person, or Press 2 to discontinue the call. Can anyone help me, I know this is probably elementary. I am at Voice Services --> Auto Attendant, and see my message in User1Length (48564 ms), but cannot get any further. Thanks...

drgeoff

Open the Device Admin Guide at http://obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide

Search on that page for "AA does not play individual user prompts directly. Instead it plays a comma separated list of prompt elements"  (without the quote marks.)  That section describes what to do.  For example to replace the Welcome prompt with your complete User1 message, enter

%user1%

in the Value box for Welcome under Auto Attendant 1 Prompts at the bootom of the page where you see your User1 Length.

indiesalesrep1

Thanks so far.

So I put %User1% in the Welcome section because I wanted the entire message played - I want this message to be played when someone dials the number, is this the right place to put it? Because I tested it out by calling it and all I got was five rings and a female voice saying that the person was not available.

Bonus question - once we figure this out, is there a way for the AA to be played right after the first ring, as opposed to waiting five rings for the AA to be played?

drgeoff

Did you check you were reaching the OBi's default AA announcement before trying to substitute you own recorded version?  I strongly suspect the female voice is not coming from your OBi but more likely from one of the external Service Providers in the route that your test call took.

What do you hear when you dial **0 from the phone connected to the OBi?

indiesalesrep1

Hmm, it plays the Auto Attendant Message I've recorded.

drgeoff

That's what it should do.   :)  Shows your recording is being used instead of the default one in the OBi's firmware.

Your call is not getting through to the AA and possibly not even getting to your OBi.  Put 'ph' (without the quotes) back into Voice Services/SP1 Service/InboundCallRoute (or SP2 or 3 or 4 as appropriate for your setup) and try calling in again.  Until you can ring and talk to the phone connected to the Obi it is pointless to proceed further with AA.

Then replace 'ph' with 'aa' and call in.  You should hear your recorded prompt.

indiesalesrep1

Changing it to aa did it for me! Thank you very much.