News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting Full Duplex Not Too Permanent

Started by ceg3, February 15, 2014, 08:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

I like running my OBi in full duplex, but I have to remember to re-enable it after every power cycle of the OBi. Is there way to avoid having to repeat this setup?

gderf

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

ceg3

Quote from: gderf on February 16, 2014, 06:21:32 AM
Doe it really make any difference?
Well, I'm can't say for sure that it does, but I don't think it hurts. OBi support suggested it once when I was having trouble. I'm not savvy enough to know if full duplex is as helpful say QOS in your router, but enabling it does sound good. ;D Having moved off GV to Obivoice I'm in the middle of paying more attention to my setup and having to do more power cycling than is typical, so my duplex is being reset more often and I'm more aware of losing full.

ipse

Quote from: ceg3 on February 15, 2014, 08:30:23 PM
I like running my OBi in full duplex, but I have to remember to re-enable it after every power cycle of the OBi. Is there way to avoid having to repeat this setup?
Weird, I set mine 15 months ago...and many reboots/power cycles later it's still on. Not sure how yours is not sticking.
BTW, I have the 110 - not sure what YOU have.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

ceg3

I have had the experience lately of the setting "sticking," so I'll monitor it for while to see if my issue was a temporary thing.

ceg3

I've been checking this from time to time and it comes up with the right value every time, no matter how many times my OBi has been updated or reset.  Guess what I experienced was just a brief issue.