News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

FWIW, I have created a Windows program to convert the CallHistory.xml file...

Started by Robert.Thompson, February 17, 2014, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.Thompson

The program will read a Obi CallHistory.xml file and convert it to a .txt file that can then be opened with a spreadsheet program such as LibreOffice Calc or Excel.

I have only a very small CallHistory.xml file to test with...

Anyway, you can try it here: http://www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com/load-obi-callhistory-xml-file-spreadsheet/

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

Robert.Thompson

Just curious if anyone has tried the program on a larger CallHistory.xml file...

Anyone?
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

WM94

Quote from: Robert.Thompson on February 20, 2014, 06:03:13 AM
Just curious if anyone has tried the program on a larger CallHistory.xml file...

Anyone?

I just posted http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7197.0 to try to get to the bottom of not being able to connect to obi IP. I would love to try it out, but cannot get my call history (about a year's worth)

Robert.Thompson

Were you able to atleast obtain the Obi's IP address by dialing: ***1 on the phone attached to it?
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

WM94

Quote from: Robert.Thompson on February 20, 2014, 07:30:38 AM
Were you able to atleast obtain the Obi's IP address by dialing: ***1 on the phone attached to it?

Yes. I got the IP address from the Obi, but couldn't connect to it from my computer.

Robert.Thompson

Yikes!!!
All I had to do was enter the IP address in my browser (Firefox) and I got the Obi's Admin sign-on page.

Did you try a different browser?

If that doesn't work, I hope someone here, who knows about networking, can help you.

I don't think that the Obi retains a years worth of CallHistory, but I could be wrong.

If you are using your Obi with Google Voice, there is a program on my website that can read your GV history into a spreadsheet here: http://www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com/program-total-google-voice-minutes/
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

WM94

WM94

Quote from: WM94 on February 20, 2014, 09:23:52 AM
Doing the GV download now. I do use GV for inbound and outbound.

This worked for the entirety of my calls. I am still interested in getting call history from the Obi. I tried something else there, and will test it tonight.

Mango

Thanks; it worked a treat!

EDIT: Actually no it didn't.  All the phone numbers in the resulting .txt file are the same as the phone number of the most recent call.  But since all I need are the timestamps, it still works for my purposes.  :)

mo832

I have used the GV version of your program and it worked very well. Thank you for such a clever solution!

I have a question out of curiosity. The .pas file is very small, but the resulting .exe program is huge. How did such a large executable come from such a small source code?

mo832

Also, in your OP topic heading, you use FWITW. Was that a typo? I looked it up, and nothing meaningful comes up, although FWIW is well known by now.

Fun Fact: If you search in Google with "FWITW" with nothing else, THIS post comes up as the FIRST link! You coined a new acronym ;)

Robert.Thompson

Quote from: Mango on May 04, 2014, 08:59:29 AM
Thanks; it worked a treat!

EDIT: Actually no it didn't.  All the phone numbers in the resulting .txt file are the same as the phone number of the most recent call. 

Hi Mango:

I just tested it again and could not replicate your problem. Could you please re-confirm that it is not working correctly?
Thanks a lot.

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

Mango

Here is some test data:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CallHistoryFile>
<CallHistory date="5/1/2014" time="01:41:50">
  <Terminal id="SP1" dir="Inbound">
    <Peer name="Test1" number="1111111111"/>
    <Event time="01:41:50">Ringing</Event>
    <Event time="01:45:53">End Call</Event>
  </Terminal>
  <Terminal id="PHONE1" dir="Inbound">
    <Peer name="" number=""/>
  </Terminal>
</CallHistory>
<CallHistory date="5/2/2014" time="02:41:50">
  <Terminal id="LINE1" dir="Inbound">
    <Peer name="Test2" number="2222222222"/>
    <Event time="02:41:50">Ringing</Event>
  </Terminal>
  <Terminal id="SP1" dir="Outbound">
    <Peer name="" number="incoming"/>
    <Event time="02:41:53">Call Connected</Event>
    <Event time="02:41:59">End Call</Event>
  </Terminal>
</CallHistory>
<CallHistory date="5/3/2014" time="03:49:22">
  <Terminal id="SP1" dir="Inbound">
    <Peer name="Test3" number="3333333333"/>
    <Event time="03:49:22">Ringing</Event>
  </Terminal>
  <Terminal id="PHONE1" dir="Inbound">
    <Peer name="" number=""/>
    <Event time="03:49:33">Call Connected</Event>
    <Event time="03:51:12">End Call</Event>
  </Terminal>
</CallHistory>
</CallHistoryFile>

This was the result:

CallDate  StartTime  TermID1  Direction1  TermID2  Direction2  PeerName1  Number1     PeerName2  Number2     EndTime
5/1/2014  01:41:50   SP1      Inbound     PHONE1   Inbound     Test1      1111111111                         01:45:53
5/2/2014  02:41:50   LINE1    Inbound     SP1      Outbound               1111111111  Test2      2222222222  02:41:59
5/3/2014  03:49:22   SP1      Inbound     PHONE1   Inbound                1111111111             2222222222  03:51:12

I also noticed that if I change the XML file, I have to restart the program before it will read the new one.

Mango

It looks like the problem is because there is no PeerName2 and Number2 for some of my entries.  If I manually add those, the output is correct.

KAura

guess that means op doesn't initialize
his variables between each line of
input to ""

KAura

Quote from: mo832 on May 05, 2014, 10:13:35 AM
...out of curiosity. The .pas file is very small,
but the resulting .exe program is huge...

Where is the .pas file -- would like to take a look.  :)

Robert.Thompson

Quote from: KAura on May 05, 2014, 04:21:07 PM
Quote from: mo832 on May 05, 2014, 10:13:35 AM
...out of curiosity. The .pas file is very small,
but the resulting .exe program is huge...

Where is the .pas file -- would like to take a look.  :)

You can download it from: http://www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com/load-obi-callhistory-xml-file-spreadsheet/

Second to last line of post. It is in my DropBox.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

mo832

Robert.Thompson,

You did not address my question :) ? Can you explain how a 12kb pascal program turned into a 14mb executable?

I want to also thank you once again for making this available.

Robert.Thompson

Quote from: mo832 on May 06, 2014, 07:39:21 AM

You did not address my question :) ? Can you explain how a 12kb pascal program turned into a 14mb executable?

Sorry mo832 but mango got me worried and I am checking the flippin' program.

To answer your question with absolute honesty, "I don't know." But, I will see if it can be reduced by adjusting the 'compile' settings. This bothered me as well. :(

I'll get back to you later tonight.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

KAura