News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 Dial Tone, Rings Outgoing, Dead Air Issues, etc...

Started by Johnnyneedles, February 19, 2014, 03:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyneedles

I have the Obi100 up until 1 day ago everything was working fine. Today everything sort of stopped. I have rebooted the unit, & it did not help.

When I pick up my phone I get a dial tone, I can dial out, the person I am calling phone rings, but then when they answer it goes dead.

When someone calls me, the phone here at the house rings. I pick up, & no one is there. The person that is calling says they here no ringing on their end, & it is just dead air. For several days prior people were calling & claiming they were receiving the dead air, but we would pick up, & be able to talk.

Any help would be appreciated.

RussMyers

I seem to be having this problem  as well.

No solution yet.

RussMyers

N7AS

Just a thought, but try disabling SIP ALG on your router.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

lousyg

Same issue here (mostly). When someone calls me and I answer, the phone keeps ringing for them. All I hear is dead air. But when I call someone else and they answer, we both hear silence.

Granted, this is only the second time I've noticed a problem since I got my Obi a few years ago. I'll be switching to the Ooma later this year when the GV plug is pulled. I'm hoping that nuisance issues like this disappear once I'm paying a few dollars a month.

Edit: I'm using DD-WRT and have no "SIP ALG" option in the configuration.

RussMyers

This has been working flawlessly for 9 months. Why would it suddenly stop working?

I have made no changes to my router, or anything else.

I can see the calls in GV call history, both incoming and outgoing, but they do not complete.

Rings a few times, then dead air.

RM

lousyg

Quote from: RussMyers on February 19, 2014, 04:20:35 PM
This has been working flawlessly for 9 months. Why would it suddenly stop working?

I have made no changes to my router, or anything else.

I can see the calls in GV call history, both incoming and outgoing, but they do not complete.

Rings a few times, then dead air.

RM

I doubt this is an issue with your equipment or account. I would imagine there's some sort of GV issue. Or perhaps Google made one of their infamous protocol updates that breaks Obi functionality.

Can anyone confirm that their Obi service is working properly?

newalias

Same thing, yesterday my phone was working fine.  I just tried calling my parents and they tried calling me.

Both times, we both hear dead silence on the phone.

http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=status&ts=1392857657315

App Status doesn't show anything down.

RussMyers

I have a fix from ObiHai Support.

It looks like Google is transitioning users from the old Google Chat to the new Hangouts without any notice, which breaks ObiHai functionality (of course).

<The Fix>
Please compare by:

1. Powering off your OBi

2. Log in to your Gmail account

3. Click on the dropdown arrow next to your username (bottom left column) and select 'Revert to old chat'. Please refer to the screenshot below.

3. Click on the Gmail Call Phone icon (see screenshot) and make a call out to any number.
<My note - you may have to install the Google Voice and Video widget for this to work>

4. Are you able to make an outgoing calls successfully?

Regards,

Obihai Technology

This worked for me.

RussMyers

QBZappy

Th Grandstream GVX3140 IP Phone has native Google Voice support. Here is a recent thread suggesting that Google is making some changes affecting GV integrated products. This may be an explanation why OBi products are beeing affected.

Google Voice Login Problem
http://forums.grandstream.com/forums/index.php?topic=17452.0

justdoit « on: February 01, 2014, 01:28:08 PM »
"Any one has google voice login problem? ..."

GSSupport61 « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »
"Google has changed the API library for GoogleVoice and at the moment our team is working to update the library."
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

newalias

For what it's worth I did absolutely nothing and my phone calls are working today.

Johnnyneedles

Mine works also, but it would be nice if people that were calling me knew that the call went through. When they dial they still hear dead air, & no ringing.

RussMyers

Johnnyneedles - did you log into Gmail and check the status of Hangouts vs old-style Google Chat?

RM

lousyg

I checked my Google Chat settings and they were still set to the "old chat". FWIW, I set it to use the new Google Hangouts, then set it back to the old chat again. I did this from the office.

When I got home, everything was working fine. It's possible that it was working before I did the switch-and-back, but I wouldn't know because I didn't try it.

Johnnyneedles

People when they call me hear no ringing... Just dead air. My phone at home rings, I pick it up & they hear my voice. A lot of people are hanging up because they do not think the call has gone through. It is mostly Comcast customers calling me. Verizon customers, & cell phone users are fine?

Johnnyneedles

I actually put in a complaint with the FCC, & guess what? It is a isolated issue with Comcast Voice customers. They fixed my mother in laws phone, so it would ring. They attempted to try, & say it was isolated to my equipment, & service, but when they called from their cell phones, & a verizon line, they realized it was on their end. Now how in the world do they fix all accounts? Other numbers still call from Comcast with the dead air issue... I will update when I find out more.