News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DTMF issues with Obi202 and Uniden cordless

Started by millert, February 20, 2014, 02:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millert

I've been having DTMF problems with my Obi202 and a Uniden DECT 2185-3.  Dialing works fine but when I connect to a conference line or phone tree there are often issues with the Obi thinking it received multiple key presses or missing some key presses.  I have syslog enabled so I can see what the Obi thinks is has received from the handset.

I've tried disabling "key touch tone" on the handset and switching DTMFRxMode from hardware to software.  This seems to have helped a bit but it is still highly unreliable.  Initially I thought the problem was with GV but I am now using Callwithus for outgoing and the problem persists (though the failures are not identical).  I'm using RFC2833 for DTMF and have X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF enabled.

I've read online that people have had issues with Uniden phones and VOIP but there seem to be plenty of people here using various models.

Any advice would be appreciated.

N7AS

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

millert

It looks like there are two problems here; the Obi issue receiving DTMF may have been solved.  Even using a corded phone I have issues with DTMF and Callwithus.  However, Obivoice doesn't seem to have the same problem.  I've avoided inband in the past due to issues with GV voice mail.  I'll try it again now that I'm primarily using Callwithus for outgoing calls.

millert

Looks like a callwithus problem.  Even inband it still has issues with the first DTFM tone.  With auto or RFC2833 the first tone was doubled, with inband the first tone is ignored.  The Obi is receiving the DTMF correctly according to the logs.

If Obivoice turns out to be stable (so far so good) I'll probably just switch to it.