News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBivoice thoughts and questions

Started by erkme73, January 22, 2014, 08:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erkme73

After burning through the free 60 minutes on OBivoice, and seeing no quality issues, I opted to sign up for a year.  Part of my justification was increasingly frequent incoming calls that would only ring my cell, but the OBi  box wasn't ringing.   Switching to OBivoice seems to have solved that (so far).   However, I still get occasional calls where NONE of the forwarded phones will ring until the caller's fourth ring - at which point I can't get it before VM picks up.

Anyway, I've convinced my father to make the jump to OBivoice early too.  However, when we call each other on 4 of 5 calls, there's at least a 2 second delay between us.  I've only noticed this when talking to him.

I've also had one or two incidents of choppy/motor boating.  Just now I tried calling him, and I got a "the person at extension XXXXXXXX [his local OBivoice number] is unavailable".  We have both disabled OBivoice's voicemail features and set the ring time to 90 seconds.

I'm starting to doubt the service.  Guess I'll send them a note.

gderf

You got in just under the wire. Obivoice raised their price for the unlimited plan today by $10, but also added a 2000 minute plan at the old unlimited price.

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

TheoGeek

Quote from: gderf on January 23, 2014, 08:48:18 AM
You got in just under the wire. Obivoice raised their price for the unlimited plan today by $10, but also added a 2000 minute plan at the old unlimited price.

Wow, good thing I found out about them two weeks ago.  :)  I got the 2 year unlimited plan for $60 (now $75).  But, even so, if I were signing up now, I think I'd still pay an extra $0.63/month that unlimited over 2000 minutes gives.  I probably won't come anywhere near even 2000 minutes, but $3.13/month vs. $2.50/month is a distinction without a difference as far as I'm concerned.  And it covers the one-offs where my wife's siblings (5 of them) call and want to talk for a couple hours each.  Doesn't happen often, but it has happened.  :)

I'm interested to see what happens in two years - how the prices change, added features, etc.  I'll reevaluate then.

lhm.

Obivoice e911,  a temporary callback # like Anveo/Callcentric or do they use your GV or Obivoice #?

gderf

I believe they use your Obivoice number, but you could always email support and ask, or chat with them online when available.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

pismo10

Tried 3 times to sign up this morning, no luck.
Get to Confirm step, click ok and nothing happens, just sits.

Try again tomorrow