News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issue with entering conference call codes

Started by ToddB, February 22, 2014, 03:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToddB

I've had an OBi202 since October and have loved it (except for the GV announcement mere days after getting the unit up and running).

No issues at all until mid-January or so when I have had substantial trouble with trying to key in conference call codes after connecting to toll-free conference bridges. These codes are 6-10 digits.

What happens is that some of the digits end up duplicating (for example, a code of 123456 ends up being interpreted as 122334556). They are not being punched in twice though as my phone display always shows them correctly. I have tried multiple phones and the same thing happens.

I can get it to work correctly for a short while by rebooting the OBi but it eventually starts happening again usually within a few hours.

This never happened at all between October and mid-January.

Also, when dialing a number, the duplication never happens - it only happens when keying in numbers after the connection.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Possibly a firmware update?  It is extremely frustrating now.

Thanks,
Todd

lhm.

Try this,  ITSP Profile X > DTMFMethod > RFC2833

Then check mark X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF

VANJ

I am a long time Obi 100 user (ITSP is Call With Us) and I (my wife) recently started seeing the *exact* problem you describe. I do remember upgrading to the latest Obi firmware within the last coupld of months so that may have something to do with it.

Todd - I will try this setting suggested by lhm when I get home today. Can you please let me know if it works for you? Thanks

ToddB

lhm and VANJ:

At first, I thought changing these settings had helped. I was able to get into all conf calls successfully the first day, but today, every code I have entered has been rejected.  The auto-voice attendant reads back the code to me when it wrong and there are duplicated digits everywhere.  Three attempts today - three failures.

Something changed recently because this never happened once from October to January and now it is constant.

I just double-checked the setup to make sure the changes were persisting and it still shows RFC2833 and the checkmark for FixedDuration.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help,
Todd

VANJ

I changed the settings last night and, as you said, it seemed to help, my wife dials into tollfree conference numbers regularly, she will be sure to let me know if is still broken.

Some more things to try
1. Dial 1-804-222-1111 and use the DTMF Echo service to verify that DTMF is working correctly since it reads out the keys you press.
2. Try changing ITSP Profile X >  General->DTMFMethod  from Hardware to Software
3. Try changing DTMFMethod to Inband instead of RFC2833. The default of "Auto" automatically selects sither Inband or RFC8233

I gleaned most of this from this forum, e.g. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6845.0

But this is very troubling...everything was working fine couple of months ago and now it is broken, no changes to my environment other than the recent Obi firmware upgrade to 1.3.0 (2824).

Does anyone from Obihai support monitor this forum?

ToddB

I have now been switched over to Inband now for a few days with great success.

Will continue to monitor...

ToddB

Have to come back to this.  Now on Vestalink and have Vestalink set up as SP1 in the Dashboard and everything's working fine except I have to reboot the OBi 202 every morning or else I get the invalid/double entry when entering conference codes.

The DTMFMethod is still set to Inband under expert configuration.

Dumb question, but is this even doing anything now that I've moved from GV to Vestalink?  I set up Vestalink as SP1 but it was already working before that so not sure if that was even needed.

How do I keep from having to reboot the Obi every morning and somehow retain this setting?  It works fine during the day after a reset but almost without exception is not working again the next day.

Thanks,
Todd