News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Localphone voicemail access from Obi and other question

Started by mo832, February 27, 2014, 01:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo832

It seems if you have localphone as your ITSP you should be able to dial *1571 from your connected phone to reach your voice mail, but on the Obi, all you get is a busy signal.

I have read elsewhere in the forum that the dial plan could be changed to allow one to dial *1571 for localphone VM access from the Obi phone, but is there a way to dial it on an as-needed basis without messing with the dial plan?

I saw something about a speed dial but I did not understand it or know if it works.

2nd question: Is there any reason to register in your localphone account a DID number you are using from Ipkall? If the ipkall forwards to localphone, why does localphone have to be notified in advance which DID is sending to it?

drgeoff

I use localphone for some outgoing calls and have it as vg5.  To get the '*' of '*1571' accepted I use 'Xx.' as the digit map.

Phone port digit map includes (**8Xx.)
Phone port OutboundCallRoute includes  {(<**8:>Xx.):vg5}
vg5 digit map is (Xx.)

Perhaps not optimum but it works.  There is a long post dial delay unless a '#' is added to the dialled number.

(I have a Gigaset phone which is programmed to automatically prepend **8 for numbers I want to go via localphone.)

Can't help with your second question.

mo832

Thanks for the tip, but how do you dial it? Do you just pick up the phone and punch *1571? Or do you dial some other sequence?

And does this require a reset of the digit map? I would rather be able to leave that alone and just dial a speed dial or escape sequence to get the call to go through.

carl

I dial *1571. Only a minimal change to digit map is needed.

mo832

@carl,

How did you get that to work?

Is there a way to do it with a speed dial only?

giqcass

I like to use a speed dial for voicemail.  Assuming localphone in on SP1 then

SP1(*1571)
Long live our new ObiLords!

mo832

Quote from: giqcass on February 28, 2014, 03:54:01 AM

SP1(*1571)

Can you walk me through how to do this? I did what I THOUGHT I was supposed to do. I went into the expert config page and set speed dial 3 as *1571. My SP1 is localphone. I have not touched my digitmaps at all. I still get a busy signal. So I need to understand

1. How/where to set the speed dial correctly?
2. Does anything also need to be done with maps or digits if you do this? (e.g. prepend issues)
3. Once you have the speed dial set, how do you use the speed dial? I.E. retrieve/dial a speed dial number (general case)
4. For VM in particular, once you pick up the handset and get a dial tone, what is the EXACT key sequence you press to get into the voicemail system?

azrobert

Another way is to setup a Star Code.

Remove any reference to *1571 you made in the DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute.

Go to
Star Codes -> Star Code Profile A
Set Code30 to:
*1571(<sp1(*1571)>), Voice Mail, call($Code)

To reach VM Dial *1571

giqcass

Quote from: mo832 on February 28, 2014, 07:04:58 AM
Quote from: giqcass on February 28, 2014, 03:54:01 AM

SP1(*1571)

Can you walk me through how to do this? I did what I THOUGHT I was supposed to do. I went into the expert config page and set speed dial 3 as *1571. My SP1 is localphone. I have not touched my digitmaps at all. I still get a busy signal. So I need to understand

1. How/where to set the speed dial correctly?
2. Does anything also need to be done with maps or digits if you do this? (e.g. prepend issues)
3. Once you have the speed dial set, how do you use the speed dial? I.E. retrieve/dial a speed dial number (general case)
4. For VM in particular, once you pick up the handset and get a dial tone, what is the EXACT key sequence you press to get into the voicemail system?

I was telling you put the whole next line in the speed dial not just *1571
SP1(*1571)

That is of course assuming SP1 is configured for localphone.
Long live our new ObiLords!

mo832

Quote from: giqcass on February 28, 2014, 11:28:59 AM

I was telling you put the whole next line in the speed dial not just *1571
SP1(*1571)

That is of course assuming SP1 is configured for localphone.

D'oh!!  :o Now it makes sense. Thank you. Very elegant solution. I didn't know you could place the letters "SP1" in a speed dial box.

RonMoon

To get voicemail from localphone I just added   *xx.|    to the default DigitMap in the ISTP Profile A (my localphone is on sp1):

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|*xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
Note: that there is about an 8 second delay before the *1571 calls voice mail.

localphone.com support helped me with this.

carl

Quote from: RonMoon on May 02, 2014, 09:04:37 AM
To get voicemail from localphone I just added   *xx.|    to the default DigitMap in the ISTP Profile A (my localphone is on sp1):

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|*xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
Note: that there is about an 8 second delay before the *1571 calls voice mail.

localphone.com support helped me with this.
prepending the digitmap with |*1571| is much easier; you cannot use any other star codes with Localphone anyway. there is zero delay when you call the voice mail.