News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls to Callcentric Free DID say person unavailable

Started by gderf, March 01, 2014, 08:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gderf

Calls to my CC DIDs report "The person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable."

Is anybody else seeing this?

Calls to my IPKall DID which is forwarded to my CC SIP URI work.

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

SteveInWA

Nope -- my two free DIDs work fine.  I did see a user over on the GV forum today who couldn't get GV to call his CC DID to complete a verification call.

Why don't you open a ticket with CC?

giqcass

My CC numbers are working fine.  I had 2 unexplained instances of channel congestion over the last month.
Long live our new ObiLords!

dudly

gderf,

I have 3 numbers.  1 free callcentric DID that I use as a fax to email number.  I number I ported in from Google voice, and 1 IPKALL number.

Everything worked fine when I was using my OBI110.  However, I just upgraded to an OBI202 and this is the current problem.

1.  Free DID being used as fax to email works fine
2.  IPKALL number works fine.
3.  My ported in number is now going straight to voicemail with the "The person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable" message.

I have been working with Callcentric for 2 days now trying to figure out the problem.  If we can't get it resolved, I guess I will just have to plug my obi110 back in and send the obi202 back

SteveInWA

Dudly:

Regarding the number you ported in from Google Voice:

Has it ever worked since you ported it to CC?
Do ALL callers receive that error message, or only specific callers?
If specific callers, then are they calling from GV numbers, or from other carriers?
Have you tried setting up that DID on the OBi 110 to see if it works there?

If you factory reset both OBis and set up CC DIDs on either one using Obihai's wizard, they should just work.

dudly

SteveInWA,

All 3 numbers worked correctly with the obi110.
All callers now receiver the voice mail message when my ported number is called.
I have factory reset the obi202 3 times, and used obihai's wizard for setup.
2 numbers work normally, and the ported number that used to work normally with the obi110
      now goes to voice mail whenever it is called.

frustrating to say the least.

giqcass

What firmware are you on?  I have heard a few complaints about  3.0.1 (4303).

giqcass

Did you try this?
Quote from: Mango on March 01, 2014, 07:01:17 PM
RonR at DSLR suggests: Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_EnforceRequestUserID : (unchecked)

Anyone who is having the problem, please test and report if this solves it.

gderf

I have determined that the very recent upgrade to firmware version 3-0-1-4303 caused my problem and downgrading back to 3-0-1-4269 solved it.

Note that calls to my IPKall DID which is forwarded to my Callcentric SIP URI were not affected and continued to work. Only calls made directly to my Callcentric DIDs resulted in the "User unavailable" message and never rang.

The suggestion X_EnforceRequestUserID : (unchecked) was initially required to get the affected SP to ring, but after trying a full reset back to factory defaults and and reprovisioning everything this setting made no difference either way - the phone would ring if my IPKall DID was called, but not my Callcentric DIDs.

I have disabled automatic firmware updates.

I updated my CC trouble ticket to show that it is solved.

dircom

My free CC DID is having the same issue,
my IPCOMMS DID continues to work after firmware update on my 202
will take it up with OBI, I never had a problem with firmware updates before

gderf

Quote from: dircom on March 02, 2014, 08:19:42 AM
My free CC DID is having the same issue,
my IPCOMMS DID continues to work after firmware update on my 202
will take it up with OBI, I never had a problem with firmware updates before

I would expect another firmware update soon as although many users aren't impacted by the latest update, enough are.

If OBihai doesn't respond fast enough for you, it's a simple matter to downgrade the firmware yourself.

dudly

I tried the fix that RonR suggested, but it did not work for me.

I just downgraded my firmware to the 3.0.1 (build:4269), and now everything is back to normal and working properly.  Thanks everyone for pointing at the 4303 build as possibly being the culprit.  In my case it was.

gderf

Well, I feel better knowing I was not alone. I wonder what the OBihai folks will say and do about this?

simpleAnswers

Quote from: dudly on March 02, 2014, 09:53:58 AM
I tried the fix that RonR suggested, but it did not work for me.

I just downgraded my firmware to the 3.0.1 (build:4269), and now everything is back to normal and working properly.  Thanks everyone for pointing at the 4303 build as possibly being the culprit.  In my case it was.

How did you do a firmware downgrade? I thought you couldn't downgrade firmware?

gderf

Some earlier firmwares could not downgraded, but the 3.0x series can be.

carl

Quote from: gderf on March 02, 2014, 10:00:13 AM
Well, I feel better knowing I was not alone. I wonder what the OBihai folks will say and do about this?
A good question. i still do not have outgoing calls on SIP. Incoming work now.

dircom

went from
2/28 ? went to    3.0.1 (Build: 4303)
March 2, went to 3.0.1 (Build: 4318)

I can call IPKALL -> CC DID -> Obi 202 and it rings
GV -> CC DID -> Obi 202 rings also
If I call the CC DID directly I get "The person you are trying to reach is unavailable"

SteveInWA

Wow, what a hassle.  This is a great example of how forum members can compare their setups and find a common problem.  I guess I am just blissfully lucky to have one of the original 110s, unaffected by this.

To Dudly:

Only one of the three numbers you listed is actually a DID provisioned as a service provider on your OBi:  the one ported over from GV.  The fax number is terminated on CC's fax server, not your OBi, and you didn't specify how you are using your IPKall number, but I assume it is being SIP forwarded to something like 1777your-CC-account-number@in.callcentric.com.

So, why did you upgrade to the OBi 202?  Was it to get the WiFi or Bluetooth functionality?  You're only using one of the two service provider ports on the OBi 110 today.  I'd suggest just sending back the 202 and using the 110.

dircom

Navigate to the SPx Service Page (x=1,2,3,4), and uncheck this option: X_EnforceRequestUserID

this fixed it for me