News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo for ObiTalk (Approved Service Provider)

Started by AlanB, March 04, 2014, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c3c3

I have updated my post.

Anveo has updated "Contact Us" to remove the online chat (which was usually offline anyway) and the customer.support@anveo.com email address.

"Customer Support: Please login into your Anveo account and open a ticket from SUPPORT menu -> Submit Support Ticket"

AlanB

I wonder if the e-mail response still works. 

I bet they are getting tons of e-mails right now. 

I notice they also added a "free ticket" category.  I have one free one now.

c3c3

Has anyone upgraded from Basic to Just Right?  Don't know if that's allowed.

I emailed customer support early Sunday and have not heard anything back.  AnveoRep has been absent in the past few days.  I really don't want to use a "precious" ticket for a basic question like that.

AlanB

It's kind of a shame that AnveoRep came and went so quickly.  Hopefully just a few days off, but I don't have my hopes up.

Have you tried the following: 

Sales Inquiries: +1(215)701-0680 option 1 , anveo.sales@anveo.com

It seems that your question could be qualified as a sales question even though you are an existing customer. After all, you want to consider "buying more".

AlanB

Just a heads up that Anveo no longer seems to respond to the customer service e-mail.   They do have a "Call Me" service, but I haven't tried it and wouldn't be too hopeful that it would work.  Fortunately, I'm not having problems, but if you are thinking of signing up, you should be aware of the scarcity of customer service.

c3c3

"Due to heavy volume of support questions from users migrating from Google Voice to Anveo please expect longer than usual response time to Free support tickets. Regular and Prime tickets are processed as usual.

If you have OBI device/OBITALK related question then please review our OBI/OBITALK FAQ created at http://www.anveo.com/faqobitalk.asp "

AlanB

Thanks c3c3, you always find such useful info.

Rick

This is a very good reason to a) have done this before today and b) not port your line, but just forward it for now.   ;)

riyanweb

If you already have an Anveo 911 account provisioned, the provisioning tool may fail.  I tried three times to provision and had problems.  I finally decided to delete the Anveo 911 provisioning and then my reprovision of my new Anveo account worked.

How do you delete the anveo 911 because when i try it say ( you must
have at least one verified address )

c3c3

Quote from: riyanweb on May 15, 2014, 01:45:33 PM
How do you delete the anveo 911 because when i try it say ( you must
have at least one verified address )

Delete the Anveo SP1/2/3/4 setup from obitalk.com.

AlanB

Welcome to the forum Ryan. Yep the e911 tip is covered in the very first post for this topic.

c3c3

c3c3

I upgraded one of my Anveo accounts from Basic to Just Right by contacting customer service (via $5 ticket) and adding money to the account.

trabtw

I signed up with Anveo on April 26 and ported my Google talk number. Anveo confirmed that the number was ported. My phone worked on that number until two days ago. Now incoming calls are refused, I can still call out, but I think that I'm calling out on my Google talk number.

Anveo's support appears nonexistent. They do give you a phone number that  gives you a short rude answer and tell you to go somewhere else.

I signed up for the caller ID service but didn't get it . Anveo's website say I must re-register and then transfer my prepayment to the new accdount.
I presume I will have to go through  the process of signing up again and  then transferring the money from my present Anveo account to the new account.'

I doubt if anybody will be very happy with their services.

c3c3

Quote from: trabtw on June 05, 2014, 12:33:54 PM
I signed up with Anveo on April 26 and ported my Google talk number. Anveo confirmed that the number was ported. My phone worked on that number until two days ago. Now incoming calls are refused, I can still call out, but I think that I'm calling out on my Google talk number.
What does "refused" mean?  Does your Anveo account show that the device is "online"?  "I think that I'm calling out on my Google talk number" does not make sense.

QuoteAnveo's support appears nonexistent. They do give you a phone number that  gives you a short rude answer and tell you to go somewhere else.
Submit a ticket.

QuoteI signed up for the caller ID service but didn't get it . Anveo's website say I must re-register and then transfer my prepayment to the new accdount.
I presume I will have to go through  the process of signing up again and  then transferring the money from my present Anveo account to the new account.'
What did you sign up, and what are you trying to get?

QuoteI doubt if anybody will be very happy with their services.
I'm happy with the service and just paid more money for more service.

trabtw

I really like Obihai's devices in in the past when I needed technical help they gave the best and it was cheerful.
They did not vet their recommended service providers and Anveo is terrible. I signed up with Anvio on may thirnteenth  team with their plus plan. They said they ported my Google voice number and one hour. My phone worked fine until two days ago and then people calling me got the error message this number is temporarily out of service. I now presume that all the time that it was working it was working on Google voice. I can still call out with that number but can receive no incoming calls.
Another thing; I paid for caller ID and 911 service. Today on my Anveo webpage show that I did not have 911 service. It said I must go through their sign-up process again and then transfer the money had already paid to a new account. Seem cumbersome. Also caller ID was not working.
And video gives you a phone number to call, but when you call it they very rudely tell you to go somewhere else.
I do think thatObhai should lean on them so the each individual customer is not have to go through this. I can probably get  paypal to enforce and Anveo to return my $119.

c3c3

Something is seriously wrong with your setup if you ported the number to Anveo and still have GV configured for your Obi device.

MikeHObi

Quote from: trabtw on June 05, 2014, 03:39:36 PM
I really like Obihai's devices in in the past when I needed technical help they gave the best and it was cheerful.
They did not vet their recommended service providers and Anveo is terrible.

That you are having such problems and yet others did not just goes to indicate how immature the voip market still is.  We are still in a place with the market where for many providers you need to be a savvy voip user.  The market is very much Buyer Beware and it shouldn't have take too much research on the part of the buyer to identify what VOIP providers are easier to deal with and which ones are not.

If you ever had copper telephone service, your phone company hid a tremendous amount of complexity from you that is not hidden as well with VOIP. 
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

AlanB

Quote from: trabtw on June 05, 2014, 03:39:36 PM
I signed up with Anvio on may thirnteenth  team with their plus plan. They said they ported my Google voice number and one hour. My phone worked fine until two days ago and then people calling me got the error message this number is temporarily out of service. I now presume that all the time that it was working it was working on Google voice.

Did you ever log in and check your number on either Anveo or GV after the port?

You also say you didn't get CallerID. Incoming or outgoing?

Luc-Trinity

I am new to this forum, but have been using Anveo for a few months now.  I recently configured the Obi100 as a sub-account and also have two polycom phones as additional sub-accounts.  I have successfully gotten the call flow to allow a caller to dial my DID and then specify one of all of these three sub-accounts.  However, is there a way that I can use my obi100 device to call one of the polycom devices or vice-versa (i.e. internally dial between sub-accounts)?