News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DigitMap question (select SP2 and add 011 if needed for international calls)

Started by brossow, March 07, 2014, 12:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brossow

We've been using an OBi202 for about nine months now in conjunction with Google Voice and it's been terrific.  We only use the first phone port; there's not a second line.  Because of the upcoming changes with GV, I decided to transition away from it a couple months early in case anything went wrong. We are now signed up with Vestalink (aka Obivoice) as our main service provider (ITSP A / SP1) for domestic calls.  Because we make a lot of international calls (family in the UK) we decided to look elsewhere for international service and are giving Localphone a try, configured as ITSP B / SP2.

I have both providers set up on the OBi202 and that was painless.  What I'd like to do is go a step further and ensure that international calls (specifically calls to the UK) get routed to SP2 instead of having to dial **2 first.  Accordingly, I changed the ITSP A DigitMap to the following:

(*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>(011xx.)|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

I haven't tested this yet but assume it will work as I've seen it in multiple forum posts. What I'd like to do is go a step beyond that and ensure that any calls dialed in the format 44xxxxxxxxxx (44 + ten digits) not only get routed to SP2 but also get 011 prepended before dialing.  (My wife is used to not needing to dial 011 with GV and the fewer changes she has to adapt to with the new service, the better. If I can intercept those 44... strings and prefix them with 011, that would completely avoid that issue.)  Is this how I'd do it?

(*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>(011xx.)|<**2011>(44xxxxxxxxxx)|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

If not, what should it be?  (Honestly, I'm just guessing at this.) Anything else you experts would recommend changing?  I should only need to change this for ITSP A, right?

Thanks in advance,
Brent
OBi202 • Google Voice (domestic) • Localphone (international)

brossow

I was just notified by Localphone that the 011 is not needed for VoIP calls, so my question is moot.  I can just use a variation on the first string and be done with it.  That's what I get for trying to proactively solve a problem.  :)
OBi202 • Google Voice (domestic) • Localphone (international)

carl

Interesting. When I was setting up my my Localphone account in 2011 their international dialing was 00, and the digitmap had to be adjusted to take 011. I know that for their calling card services you do not need 011 or 00. Possible that they recently do not require it for VOIP outbound any more.
If you call a lot UK you may want to try their UK DID where people can call you back for free.