News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Expanding the Obi202 (aka Pimp My 202)

Started by Usetheforceobiwan, March 08, 2014, 11:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usetheforceobiwan

If you ever wondered how much you can expand your Obi202 or how many of the various USB peripherals you can use at once, the pictures linked to below speak a thousand words.  What's included:  Obi202, Obiline, (2x) ObiBt, ObiWifi and an Amazon Basics 4 port USB hub. I suppose I could connect a hard drive if I wanted to but I think that would be pushing it a little (I would need a larger hub too).  The little thing never ceases to amaze me with it's flexibility :D

Ostracus

*looks closely*

Darn! No phones. ;D

QBZappy

Quote from: Ostracus on March 08, 2014, 01:45:41 PM
*looks closely*

Darn! No phones. ;D

I think that there is no room left for a phone. :)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

dircom

drgeoff

Usetheforceobiwan

He, he no room for phone..you make funny joke!

Actually in real life, the 202 usually has one standalone cordless phone connected to ph and ph2 goes to wiring throughout the house. I have it set up to bridge Ethernet to another ATA that I sometimes put close to it.  One of the SP's is an extension on a PBX while two of the SP's are on GV.  The remaining SP I think I am going to connect a Cisco IP phone to at some point.   I use one of the BT's to connect to my main cell phone and the other BT is for my spare cell.  I use the Wifi when I want to experiment with the 202 and want to have it close to do so. 

All kidding aside, even having this for over a year and having more than my fair share of problems (mostly user error out I have to admit), I still am impressed by the flexibility and capability of this little unit.  I guess it's a little fanboyish but I make no apologies  ;D

cluckercreek

Looks to me like "Pimp Daddy be rollin'"! ;D

giqcass

Did you add an uninterruptible power supply?  Excellent addition IMO.  Instead of Obline for my Obi202 I added an Obi110.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Mango

Thanks for the photos.  :)

How do you find the quality of the OBiLINE?  Any echos, beeps, or other unwanted audio?

Usetheforceobiwan

I have had no issues with the Obiline once I got beyond my initial experience with programming the 202.   No real echo that I have experienced but maybe I am not picky.

Note that if you find yourself like me with 2 ObiBt's, be sure to follow the sequence of adding phones to the dongles as outlined in gigcass' post about half way down here:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5132.0.  If you don't follow that convoluted method, you'll never get the phones to pair to separate dongles.  Once again, world class support on Obihai's part (rolls eyes) but a heck of an atta boy for gigcass  :D